Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

DAVEKELLEY

pulling left under braking

4 posts in this topic

mondeo glx 1.8 dec2000

My mondeo was pulling strongly to the left under braking at speed.

3 new tyres helped but still pulls left, switching off traction control makes it feel worse.

suspension or brake problem?

when i got the tyres the man said the brake pads and disks were very thin and would need doing soon (that was about 1000 miles ago.

any help please?

mondeo glx 1.8 dec2000

My mondeo was pulling strongly to the left under braking at speed.

3 new tyres helped but still pulls left, switching off traction control makes it feel worse.

suspension or brake problem?

when i got the tyres the man said the brake pads and disks were very thin and would need doing soon (that was about 1000 miles ago.

any help please?

I would say brake problem.

The caliper on the o/s/f is possibly sticking - therefore all the braking is happening on the n/s/f

but

If you have already been told the discs & pads need replaced, why not get them changed as this is most likely to cure your problems.

I would say brake problem.

The caliper on the o/s/f is possibly sticking - therefore all the braking is happening on the n/s/f

but

If you have already been told the discs & pads need replaced, why not get them changed as this is most likely to cure your problems.

very common fault on fords if they are not serviced properly when the pads are renewed ie: copper slip the sliding pins then they do seize or bind causing pulling brakes