Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Queenminx

Noisy, Smelly Cat On Focus St170

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help. I've got a very poorly cat on my 52 plate ST170. I rang my local Ford dealer today and they quoted me £908 for the full cat or £135 for the flexi pipe! I have already had a quote for a full cat from an independent garage at £342 fitted. I've looked on google for the part I need and I think I've found it just need anyone to clarify it for me as the price is drastically different from the price Ford quoted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lauren

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help. I've got a very poorly cat on my 52 plate ST170. I rang my local Ford dealer today and they quoted me £908 for the full cat or £135 for the flexi pipe! I have already had a quote for a full cat from an independent garage at £342 fitted. I've looked on google for the part I need and I think I've found it just need anyone to clarify it for me as the price is drastically different from the price Ford quoted.

Thanks, Lauren

ford always over price theyre parts you could firt a sports cat http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=janspeedstainlesssteelhighflowcats;car=fordfocus;manufacturer=janspeed;sub_category=1 or a lot cheaper http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-ST170-CAT-CATALYTIC-CONVERTER-2-0-2002-2005_W0QQitemZ120457164241QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c0bce75d1

Hi all,

Thanks, Lauren

Doesn't the CAT have a 60k mile guarantee or ten years? Says something in the manual.

Doesn't the CAT have a 60k mile guarantee or ten years? Says something in the manual.

Probably does, mine's done 105,000! Oops! I have pretty much rebuilt this car since buying it nearly 2 years ago, fingers crossed this will be the last repair for a while!

Thanks