Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Idle On 1.6

j harvz

hi im new here so hello i have a 1.6 ghia on a w reg (2000) and it is tickin over at about 450 500 rpm and is struggling i have done the self diagnostic and no fults can any one help thanks jase

Idle control valve? Might not always flag a fault.

idle control valve should be ticking over at 750 im surprised it hasnt stalled at 450

thanks guys now is it a easy job to do???

It is on the 1.8 havent done a 1.6 but i assume its the same location look at the car from the front lean over into the bay and look down the side of the throttle body housing youll see this post-8800-126876959418_thumb.jpg this is the idle control valve 2 bolts hold it in place you can either access from above or from under the car i would also check the emission hose on the car it looks like this post-8800-126876968772_thumb.jpg thats the part number on it its below the throttle body with the engine running you maty find this has collapsed

It is on the 1.8 havent done a 1.6 but i assume its the same location look at the car from the front lean over into the bay and look down the side of the throttle body housing youll see this post-8800-126876959418_thumb.jpg this is the idle control valve 2 bolts hold it in place you can either access from above or from under the car i would also check the emission hose on the car it looks like this post-8800-126876968772_thumb.jpg thats the part number on it its below the throttle body with the engine running you maty find this has collapsed

cheers fella will be doing that this weekend then. i had checked the pipe before it is fine.

cheers fella will be doing that this weekend then. i had checked the pipe before it is fine.

ell in that case the idle valve thought ide throw that in incase you hadnt known have fun

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club