Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Do It ???

Nort-e23

Hi people i have just got my new company car, a Focus Style estate TDCi and was wondering if there was a way to turn on the anti hijack locky thingy or if it even has one.

Thanx, Mark

Hi people i have just got my new company car, a Focus Style estate TDCi and was wondering if there was a way to turn on the anti hijack locky thingy or if it even has one.

Thanx, Mark

This is how i did mine its for mk1's but might work of the mk 2.5

Mike

Auto Door Locking

* 1. Turn on the ignition but dont start the engine

* 2. Lock the door by pushing in the button below the handle, and then pull the handle slightly to reopen it (Repeat this operation three times)

* 3. Turn off the ignition

* 4. Lock the door by pushing in the button below the handle, and then pull the handle slightly to reopen it (Repeat this operation three times)

* 5. Turn on the ignition but dont start the engine. A beep should be heard

* 6. Lock the door by pushing in the button below the handle and then pull the handle slightly to reopen again. A final beep should be heard and then start the engine.

Basically, once you set this up the doors will lock automatically more or less as soon as the car starts rolling, nominally @ 7kph. You'll still be able to open the doors by pulling the interior handle, but they won't be able to be opened from the outside. If you stop and open the door though they won't relock automatically unless you turn off the engine and restart - basically, it works once per journey, after that you have to do it manually. And in the event of an accident, the airbag system will unlock the doors automatically, so you don't need to worry about that aspect.

Mike

Auto Door Locking

* 2. Lock the door by pushing in the button below the handle, and then pull the handle slightly to reopen it (Repeat this operation three times)

* 4. Lock the door by pushing in the button below the handle, and then pull the handle slightly to reopen it (Repeat this operation three times)

* 6. Lock the door by pushing in the button below the handle and then pull the handle slightly to reopen again. A final beep should be heard and then start the engine.

Basically, once you set this up the doors will lock automatically more or less as soon as the car starts rolling, nominally @ 7kph. You'll still be able to open the doors by pulling the interior handle, but they won't be able to be opened from the outside. If you stop and open the door though they won't relock automatically unless you turn off the engine and restart - basically, it works once per journey, after that you have to do it manually. And in the event of an accident, the airbag system will unlock the doors automatically, so you don't need to worry about that aspect.

Found that when i googled it but doesnt seem to work, tried about 10 times.

Mike

Auto Door Locking

I'll have to try that in the morning!!

Also, on the Mk1.5, you can programme the locks so that only the drivers door unlocks when you press the button. Press the first two buttons for a few seconds until the hazard light flash twice quickly, then, voila!! To open the rest of the doors, just press 'unlock' twice. Sorry if this is old information but I've only just found out!

Mike

I'll have to try that in the morning!!

Also, on the Mk1.5, you can programme the locks so that only the drivers door unlocks when you press the button. Press the first two buttons for a few seconds until the hazard light flash twice quickly, then, voila!! To open the rest of the doors, just press 'unlock' twice. Sorry if this is old information but I've only just found out!

Mike

It took me a few attempts to do it fast enough but after that its worked and i think its a great little thing to have and no one seems to have it activated so makes my focus feel a little special ;) as for the single door unlocking i think that only works on the 5dr's

Mike

Thanks guys for those tips they work a treat.

It took me a few attempts to do it fast enough but after that its worked and i think its a great little thing to have and no one seems to have it activated so makes my focus feel a little special ;) as for the single door unlocking i think that only works on the 5dr's

Mike

It worked first time!! I had that function on my old Scenic and kinda missed it, but now my Focus has it too!! Brilliant! :)

Mike

It worked first time!! I had that function on my old Scenic and kinda missed it, but now my Focus has it too!! Brilliant! smile.gif

Mike

i switched mine off when i first got it found it annoying to be honest if i need to lock it for any reason the buttons there and the kids didnt like it much either for some weird reason anyway everyone switches it off, now theres posts to switch it on again lol

• 3 weeks later...

What ever floats your boat to be honest. Personally I've just activated it on mine, took a couple attempts but got there in the end. :)

I envisage it being especially useful during "Mad Friday" at Le Mans where the frivolity traditionally sees the mob (did I say mob? I meant crowd) crowd the roads, urge cars to do burn outs and open random doors to splash drivers and passengers with water and in some cases nick the shopping out of their boots.

Another small touch I really like about my Focus is the way the interior light comes on when you unlock the car and also when you switch the engine off, I find that nice and useful touch.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike

Did your's beep when you did it properly? Can't get it to activate here :-S 59 Zetec 1.6 tdci