Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Wheel Nut's Using The Steel Spare Wheel

mick88

Hello all

As per title, are the wheel nut's for the alloy's ok to use with the steel spare wheel or are the wheel nut's different for the two type's of wheel

Thank's in advance

I think you are a lot safer to use the nuts off of a steel wheel rather than the alloy nuts. I'm sure I read this before somewhere on the forum. :D

Hello all

As per title, are the wheel nut's for the alloy's ok to use with the steel spare wheel or are the wheel nut's different for the two type's of wheel

Thank's in advance

I know that my old Mk2 Mondeo used the same bolts for steel and alloy wheels, but they had an alloy shim/washer. The steel and alloy wheels had different size bolt holes, which allowed for steel/steel or alloy/alloy contact depending on the wheels. I don't know whether this is the case for the Fiesta but shouldn't be too difficult to check.

But, if your car came specced with a steel spare, then I would have thought that if different bolts were required they would have been provided.

Thank's for the replies, my Fiesta came with that tyre sealant so got a new wheel, jack and brace from a scrappy but the car they came from didn't have another spare set of nut's, just wnted to check if the same one's did both wheel's