Nico.

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

right the hidden little pocket thing in my car gets kind of used alot! i leave my wallet and stuff in there i dont want anyone geting there hands on when i park the car up so i know it's well out of sight but the metal clip is kind of gettin knackerd...
Posted Image

not a brill picture showing it like but does anyone know if you can actually get like a proper clip for this so it ca just pop in and out?? seems like that was what is was designed for... it baffels me this pocket tbh

oh and its currently holding up my smell rescuers! haha too many of my mates smoke and it tends stink car... any help would be most appreciated!!!
Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 caloyski

caloyski

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Ford Model: 2009 fiesta 1.4L duratec ambient

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:55 AM

right the hidden little pocket thing in my car gets kind of used alot! i leave my wallet and stuff in there i dont want anyone geting there hands on when i park the car up so i know it's well out of sight but the metal clip is kind of gettin knackerd...
Posted Image

not a brill picture showing it like but does anyone know if you can actually get like a proper clip for this so it ca just pop in and out?? seems like that was what is was designed for... it baffels me this pocket tbh

oh and its currently holding up my smell rescuers! haha too many of my mates smoke and it tends stink car... any help would be most appreciated!!!
Posted Image

just loosen up the metal clip a bit so there won't be enough damage to the plastic.

http://www.fordowner...pic=8945&st=105

i was able to install the push to open, push to close thing on that secret hole. but haven't got the time to do a manual yet. but i'll surely do it soon.

#3 Maffoo

Maffoo

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk.7 Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:34 AM

You let people smoke in your car?

#4 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:06 AM

You let people smoke in your car?

He leaves his wallet in it, so I doubt nicotine stains are his biggest concern.

#5 cyb

cyb

• FOC Supporters
  • 548 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4tdci

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:11 AM

do you smoke? :)

If you do and you smoke in the car then I guess you’re to blame for the 'stinky' atmosphere as much as anyone :rolleyes:

If not then tell your ‘mates’ to respect your health and your car, passive smoking is one issue and dropping !Removed! ash or a lighted cigarette isn’t going to do a lot for your cars resale value. :angry:

If they refuse then trust me they aren’t your mates :(

#6 Amie07

Amie07

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Ford Model: Ka zetec 09

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

do you smoke? :)

If you do and you smoke in the car then I guess youíre to blame for the 'stinky' atmosphere as much as anyone :rolleyes:

If not then tell your Ďmatesí to respect your health and your car, passive smoking is one issue and dropping !Removed! ash or a lighted cigarette isnít going to do a lot for your cars resale value. :angry:

If they refuse then trust me they arenít your mates :(

I agree I'd never let anyone smoke in my car but that's not his issue its the pocket thingy!

#7 AndrewL

AndrewL

Local Rep: Warwickshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

I don't even let people eat in my car and if they want a drink it has to be a bottle of water! If someone started smoking I think I'd drive out to the wilderness and drop them there!

#8 titanium_s_spec

titanium_s_spec

Local Rep: Hertfordshire (Spelling Bee Champ)

• PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7 mountune

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

tell them not to then....

#9 Rogue_Shadow

Rogue_Shadow

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S 1.6 VVT
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

I saw the "secret hole" threads BEFORE having a MK7 and thought it was quite amusing how people found a use for it.

However on Saturday, reading through the handbook sat in my car I came across "Sat Nav Holder"
By any chance is this Flap NOT for a Sat Nav?
Because the diagram in the book looked VERY similar to the flap on the secret hole and nothing else on the dash slightly resembles the handbooks diagram.
Or the diagram is of an extra that you need to attach else where and what I'm typing is aload of BS :lol:

NO SMOKING, EATING, DRINKING in my car B)

#10 stevie j

stevie j

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta zetec s

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for that chaps never knew it even opened LOL :D

#11 Nug878

Nug878

Local Rep: Gwent

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Ford Model: 99 Focus 1.8TDdi LX/Ghia [AC] Estate

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for that chaps never knew it even opened LOL :D

Lmao. No longer a very secret pocket after this thread. :lol:

#12 coysht

coysht

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

However on Saturday, reading through the handbook sat in my car I came across "Sat Nav Holder"
By any chance is this Flap NOT for a Sat Nav?
Because the diagram in the book looked VERY similar to the flap on the secret hole and nothing else on the dash slightly resembles the handbooks diagram.
Or the diagram is of an extra that you need to attach else where and what I'm typing is aload of BS :lol:

The Sat Nav mount goes on the A-pillar of left-hand drive cars - unfortunatelt not available for RHD cars.

#13 Nico.

Nico.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:16 PM

i dont let people smoke in it, and i dont smoke!!! just they smoke and the smell of it comes in on their clothes i hate it :(

#14 Rogue_Shadow

Rogue_Shadow

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S 1.6 VVT
Contributor

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

The Sat Nav mount goes on the A-pillar of left-hand drive cars - unfortunatelt not available for RHD cars.

Ahh thanks for clearing that up

My BS spree will halt there :)

#15 coysht

coysht

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:00 AM

i dont let people smoke in it, and i dont smoke!!! just they smoke and the smell of it comes in on their clothes i hate it :(

Carry a bottle of Febreze and spray down your passengers before they get in. They'll either:

A. Live with it
B. Stop smoking
C. Never get in your car again

:lol:

If someone wanted to get in my car smelling strongly of cigarettes I would politely decline....actually it probably wouldn't be that polite! I'd probably treat them like they'd just stepped in something unmentionable and drive off. I'm nice like that. :P

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users