Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1 : Mk2 Focus Rs -500

DanGull

So - I nipped out (without my phone/camera, dammit) to get petrol this evening as all the petrol stations in Nuneaton where I'm working tomorrow are all silly money. Stopped at the cheapest petrol station round here, filled up and went in to pay.

Just as I came out a 10 plate Focus RS in white pulled in and stopped at a pump - had the leather seats as well so it's the car I would run out tomorrow and buy if I wasn't getting married in 18 months. I caught his eye and in my usual friendly manner said "Gorgeous car - I'm very jealous". I got a grunt and "so you should be". Charming.

Anyway - I was quite interested to hear him start it and pull off (because I'm sad) so I waited until he came out (noticed meanwhile that his car has been dealer washed because his swirls were :o under the lights on the forecourt). He got in the car and pulled off - fast, almost took the front off a Honda Civic which was also leaving by this time. I followed them out.

If anyone knows the M42/A444 junction - the exit to the services is awful, you can't legally get to the A444 towards from Nuneaton without first going back to the main roundabout and coming back on yourself, but loads of people just drive across the junction to save the hassle - this is dangerous as hell, especially in the dark. Mr RS decided to try this - floored it, but failed to see the Toyota Yaris coming up the road. This Yaris must have one of those dodgy accelerators, because it was going for it and was never going to slow down in time. So yes - smack, caught the back of the RS and tipped it diagonally into the central reservation. Oh dear.

Anyway - I had to stop and be a witness obviously - nobody hurt - said it was completely the fault of the RS driver. Turns out the guy in the RS is 23, and it's not his car - it's his dad's. His dad came to survey the damage and Mr Big Man RS suddenly turned into a blubbering kid. If the guy had been anything other than arsey - I'd have felt rather sorry for him, but I left him with the parting gambit 'not too jealous anymore fella'.

Oh dear.

Ahhh the classic Dad's fast car story, NEVER fails to entertain!!! :lol:

Haha sorry i have to laugh at this as it really is one of thoese "is that your dads car" moments!

Obviously very sorry for the person who was driving the yaris but serves mr RS right. Then to go home for a very big shafting!

EPIC FAIL

Good man - that's exactly the sort of comment I would have left him with :lol:

Shame about the RS, but it tends to be the vast majority of people who get to drive/own these sorts of cars never really appreciate what they have. When you say tipped, what actually happened?

LOL...classic, feel sorry for the car, its a shame kids like that are behind the wheel...dont think dad will have him as a named driver is he managed to mess it up THAT fast.

Muppet.

Was the cocky one insured to drive the car??

Was the cocky one insured to drive the car??

I'd be suprised. Textbook son takes dads motor out for a thrash and bins it!

I'd be suprised. Textbook son takes dads motor out for a thrash and bins it!

Perhaps, or the "here you go spoilt child, you're now insured on my fast new car"

Perhaps, or the "here you go spoilt child, you're now insured on my fast new car"

More likely from my experience.

"Dad, i'm going to pootle down to the petrol station and fill it up, i'll be back in five minutes. Do you know where my James Blunt CD is? I fancy a relaxing drive in your 200bhp+ car all by my self at night time."

So - I nipped out (without my phone/camera, dammit) to get petrol this evening as all the petrol stations in Nuneaton where I'm working tomorrow are all silly money. Stopped at the cheapest petrol station round here, filled up and went in to pay.

Just as I came out a 10 plate Focus RS in white pulled in and stopped at a pump - had the leather seats as well so it's the car I would run out tomorrow and buy if I wasn't getting married in 18 months. I caught his eye and in my usual friendly manner said "Gorgeous car - I'm very jealous". I got a grunt and "so you should be". Charming.

Anyway - I was quite interested to hear him start it and pull off (because I'm sad) so I waited until he came out (noticed meanwhile that his car has been dealer washed because his swirls were :o under the lights on the forecourt). He got in the car and pulled off - fast, almost took the front off a Honda Civic which was also leaving by this time. I followed them out.

If anyone knows the M42/A444 junction - the exit to the services is awful, you can't legally get to the A444 towards from Nuneaton without first going back to the main roundabout and coming back on yourself, but loads of people just drive across the junction to save the hassle - this is dangerous as hell, especially in the dark. Mr RS decided to try this - floored it, but failed to see the Toyota Yaris coming up the road. This Yaris must have one of those dodgy accelerators, because it was going for it and was never going to slow down in time. So yes - smack, caught the back of the RS and tipped it diagonally into the central reservation. Oh dear.

Anyway - I had to stop and be a witness obviously - nobody hurt - said it was completely the fault of the RS driver. Turns out the guy in the RS is 23, and it's not his car - it's his dad's. His dad came to survey the damage and Mr Big Man RS suddenly turned into a blubbering kid. If the guy had been anything other than arsey - I'd have felt rather sorry for him, but I left him with the parting gambit 'not too jealous anymore fella'.

Oh dear.

Well what goes around comes around so mr rs was or he thinks he was a big man then turned into a little baby when he crashed daddys car in my words boo hoo :ph34r:

HAHA - serves him right for being so smart.

I think if i was driving an RS that wasent mine i certainly wouldn't b taken risks :lol:

Thanks for sharing that one

Far to often do I see a young driver is a car that is miles beyond his/her finance.

Spoilt most times.

Shame you didn't have your camera/phone bet it look horrific :unsure: , Least your safe and sound mate :D

As long as they keep clear of my car, they can do whatever they want :lol:

"Dad, i'm going to pootle down to the petrol station and fill it up, i'll be back in five minutes. Do you know where my James Blunt CD is? I fancy a relaxing drive in your 200bhp+ car all by my self at night time."

300+ bhp ;)

300+ bhp ;)

Jesus, that much??

Well technically i'm correct by saying 200bhp+ :P

Jesus, that much??

Well technically i'm correct by saying 200bhp+ :P

Yeah, true.

GGR do an upgrade to 368bhp ... all through the front wheels ...

Yeah, true.

GGR do an upgrade to 368bhp ... all through the front wheels ...

:o Does that come with grief councelling for those you leave behind??

:o Does that come with grief councelling for those you leave behind??

It comes with bags of torque steer and optional brake upgrades!

Violent Torque Steer if I remember my top gear correctly :rolleyes:

Completely erratic if you left the wheel go and accelerate

Think i would of give him a slap just for the sarky comment tbh couldn't of happend to a nicer bloke :angry:

Serves him right for being a smart !Removed!! :D So chuffed you left him with that comment, Dan!!

Young drivers, though, who'd have 'em :P :D

Oh good enough then! Screw the family! :lol:

Young drivers, though, who'd have 'em :P :D

Gah, they're crap! GETEMOFFDAROAD

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club