Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ignition Live ???

super si

hi all just wondering i dont suppose anyone knows where i could get an ignition live from under the bonnet of a 2003 mk3 mondeo TDCI i couldnt find one for toffee i mean the fuse box in the n/s/f of the engine bay seem to comtain a load of permanent lives but no ignition live is there any one that could help me please hope to hear from you soon si many thanks

hi all just wondering i dont suppose anyone knows where i could get an ignition live from under the bonnet of a 2003 mk3 mondeo TDCI i couldnt find one for toffee i mean the fuse box in the n/s/f of the engine bay seem to comtain a load of permanent lives but no ignition live is there any one that could help me please hope to hear from you soon si many thanks

do you have a voltage tester? simply look for a fuse that has no voltage going through it now switch the ignition on and check again if you now have power then youve found a switched source confirm by leaving the metre tester attached and switch the ignition off you should now have no voltage through that fuse

do you have a voltage tester? simply look for a fuse that has no voltage going through it now switch the ignition on and check again if you now have power then youve found a switched source confirm by leaving the metre tester attached and switch the ignition off you should now have no voltage through that fuse

according to to the manual, fuses f12,f14,f19,f38,f39 are not used. if u are lucky one may be an ignition feed!

thanks for that mate i do have a voltage tester im sposed to be a mechanic lol but for some reason i cant seem to find a ignition live in the fuse box under the bonnet lol (please dont think im being sarcastic as im not i didnt know if there was any other looms i could tap in to thats all) please dont take offense

according to to the manual, fuses f12,f14,f19,f38,f39 are not used. if u are lucky one may be an ignition feed!

heya chris is that fuse box the one under the bonnet?? in the n/s/f of the car?? down by the battery??

heya chris is that fuse box the one under the bonnet?? in the n/s/f of the car?? down by the battery??

yes it is looking at the haynes manual. its gotta come up with something on one of those contacts cos i really cant think where else u could try in the engine bay

yes it is looking at the haynes manual. its gotta come up with something on one of those contacts cos i really cant think where else u could try in the engine bay

yeah i think they should be as by looking at my uptodate copy of autodata nearly all the circuits on that row of fuses are ignition fed items ie heated screen Xenon lights etc so there could be i just didnt think about it as i thik they all have fuses in them thats all

yeah i think they should be as by looking at my uptodate copy of autodata nearly all the circuits on that row of fuses are ignition fed items ie heated screen Xenon lights etc so there could be i just didnt think about it as i thik they all have fuses in them thats all

have you ever heard of or used ford wiki??

i have and this is their home page;

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Main_Page

i have had a quick look though there are many tips i cant see what u are looking for

worth saving the link though u never know

heres another one worth saving

i have and this is their home page;

i have had a quick look though there are many tips i cant see what u are looking for

worth saving the link though u never know

heres another one worth saving

yeah i know i have had it for a while and ive also got a mate to download me a copy of the upto 2008 autodata with everything on lol its great ( worth about 800quid lol) the story is a friend wants me to fit day time running lights on to his and i just couldnt bebothered running an ignition live from inside all the way to the front as time was against me lol i dont suppose in your haynes manual or what ever resorces you have let us know what pin 3 on plug C14 in the under bonnet fusebox does could you??

somewhere on one of those sites there is i recall a fix to make the sidelights come on with the ignition. if the daytime lights are leds u could wire them in series with the sidelights thru the bottom of the engine bay at the headlight loom!

somewhere on one of those sites there is i recall a fix to make the sidelights come on with the ignition. if the daytime lights are leds u could wire them in series with the sidelights thru the bottom of the engine bay at the headlight loom!

yeah i know but he wants them on there own and the lights that he has bought dim down when the side lights are turned on so it does have to be a seperate ignition live lol (he a pain in the posterior i know) are you on msn messenger at all?? just might be easyer to chat on there thats all and did you have any joy with the wiring plug c14?

ok mate looked at it alot more. the following link gives fairly easy access behind the n/s strut top in passenger cabin behind glovebox for a live feed. if u set up a standard relay set up with permanant earth, permanent live feed to the lights and switching current from a switch u could mount on the side of the centre console in the car!

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Live_Feed_Through_The_Bulkhead_-_Mk3

there seems to be no other way unless u are lucky with those redundant feeds in the fuse box, but u will probably need to get wires into the cabin anyway

sorry mate only got fuse listings and wire colours! c14 though i can see it is given no reference by haynes!

ok mate looked at it alot more. the following link gives fairly easy access behind the n/s strut top in passenger cabin behind glovebox for a live feed. if u set up a standard relay set up with permanant earth, permanent live feed to the lights and switching current from a switch u could mount on the side of the centre console in the car!

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Live_Feed_Through_The_Bulkhead_-_Mk3

there seems to be no other way unless u are lucky with those redundant feeds in the fuse box, but u will probably need to get wires into the cabin anyway

well i will check those fuses tomorrow at work as im sure i will have 5 mins and a ramp spare at some time and ill check on my car first in the fuse box and see if those spares are ignition fed or permanent but i think i might be abe to tap in to another fuse faling that by making up my own loom and extending a fuse in to 2 female spade conectors and run another wire from the feed side of that to a fused relayi will find away with out goin in to the interior lol but i would still like to know what that conector block does for my own knowledge is there anything listed in your haynes book at all??

well i will check those fuses tomorrow at work as im sure i will have 5 mins and a ramp spare at some time and ill check on my car first in the fuse box and see if those spares are ignition fed or permanent but i think i might be abe to tap in to another fuse faling that by making up my own loom and extending a fuse in to 2 female spade conectors and run another wire from the feed side of that to a fused relayi will find away with out goin in to the interior lol but i would still like to know what that conector block does for my own knowledge is there anything listed in your haynes book at all??

sorry mate not read ure replies properly. no this connector is shown in fuse diagram but not referred to at all.just flicked thru all diags in the back but not reference to this connector!

sorry mate not read ure replies properly. no this connector is shown in fuse diagram but not referred to at all.just flicked thru all diags in the back but not reference to this connector!

lol its on no worries but thanks for chckin for me though you are a star ill let you know how i got on with that ignition live in the next few days ok mate thanks once again

lol its on no worries but thanks for chckin for me though you are a star ill let you know how i got on with that ignition live in the next few days ok mate thanks once again

ure welcome