Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Problem?

Nick D

I have a problem with my 2003 Ka. Basically, when you're changing up the gears, particularly into 3rd, if you try and give it too much 'gas', the revs just run away as if it's not in gear at all, and then you have to come off the pedal a bit and go back on it until it settles down.

Does this sound like a knackered clutch? If so, does anybody know what sort of money I'd be looking at to get it replaced (parts + labour)?!

Cheers,

Nick

yep sounds like your clutch is slipping mate. A genuine ford kit would set you back £82.47 plus postage (£9.40 refund on return of old unit) you might want to replace the release bearing whilst your in there (optional) £75.63 . labour I would say £70 from an independant garage

Cheers for that. That doesn't sound TOO bad, so I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get it sorted. It certainly doesn't seem to be getting better on its own!

Although, I find if I double declutch it does seem to change into gear better, but I'm not that good at it, and it's not really a long-term solution!

yep sounds like your clutch is slipping mate. A genuine ford kit would set you back £82.47 plus postage (£9.40 refund on return of old unit) you might want to replace the release bearing whilst your in there (optional) £75.63 . labour I would say £70 from an independant garage

If you're still around, I'd appreciate your input! I phone my local independent garage to get an idea of price and he said "oh, it depends if it's a cable clutch or a hydraulic. And if it's hydraulic, you're looking about £380".

All of a sudden the price has jumped by £300 quid (this always seems to happen with cars!). Any idea what this is about?!

Cheers!

Yes your clutch is hydraulic....they will be charging you full whack for the parts (our's are at discounted prices) Easiest option for you is , Buy the parts yourself (available online www.fordpartscentre.co.uk or phone 0191 4200168) then ask for a LABOUR ONLY price at a garage telling them you are supplying GENUINE FORD PARTS. (Some places dont like fitting pattern parts)

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club