Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 Tdci

wlshyd

Hi All,

Some of you will know i am on the lookout for a decent example of a 2.0 TDCi Focus to replace my RS Clio. i'll be spending around £6k leaving me with cars that have done around 70-80k, which doesnt bother me so long as it has a FSH and has been cared for.

I have thought about the idea of getting one chipped when i find one. Has anyone done this, and with which company and what sort of realistic difference did it make?

I know how much 'shove' the 2.0d engine have as the mrs currently has a 56-Ghia as her company wheels and though i deteste the wheels, it is a lovely car that munches miles with little effort, and overtaking in 4th gear is pretty superb and proably not much slower than i can do it in 2nd or 3rd in the Clio!

If anyone has any general buying advice i.e. what to watch out for or info on the tuning it would be appreciated (bearing in mind dont wanna spend over £300 ideally). I'm just worried i'll have trouble adapting to a larger car after a car with so much raw speed as the Clio.

cheers in advance

Dan

Hi All,

Some of you will know i am on the lookout for a decent example of a 2.0 TDCi Focus to replace my RS Clio. i'll be spending around £6k leaving me with cars that have done around 70-80k, which doesnt bother me so long as it has a FSH and has been cared for.

I have thought about the idea of getting one chipped when i find one. Has anyone done this, and with which company and what sort of realistic difference did it make?

I know how much 'shove' the 2.0d engine have as the mrs currently has a 56-Ghia as her company wheels and though i deteste the wheels, it is a lovely car that munches miles with little effort, and overtaking in 4th gear is pretty superb and proably not much slower than i can do it in 2nd or 3rd in the Clio!

If anyone has any general buying advice i.e. what to watch out for or info on the tuning it would be appreciated (bearing in mind dont wanna spend over £300 ideally). I'm just worried i'll have trouble adapting to a larger car after a car with so much raw speed as the Clio.

cheers in advance

Dan

I'm not sure about the focus but i know of alot of horror storys about chipping st diesel mondeo's. The clutch cant take the extra power causing them to fail early and as you probs know causing you to sell a kidney to pay for the repairs thats the mondeo though.

If you get the 136ps diesel i think the power output after a chip is 150bhp with a s**t load of torque to match i think itd be a interesting venture into the unknown if a tad risky. VW's and Audi's take to it like a dream though ive seen chipped 3.0tdi quattro a4's hammering down volvo s60 t5's which are rapid cars to say the least and by hammering i mean pushing them face down into the mud and holding its head under lol.

A friend of mine chipped his astra 150cdti and f*** me that went like stink it could keep up with a vxr and through the gears it was faster well on paper at least. Chipping diesels and turbo's i think is a brilliant way to mod your car on the quiet for alright gains car depending.

Mike

Another thing you might want to think about is the price superchips for diesels are about 350-500 quid and the focus masks speed brilliantly so you could be tanning it down a bypass even though its a diesel and loose your licence by the time your hardly into 4th gear where as with personal experiance of clio's your doing 70 and it feels like 300 in a wheely bin lol.

Thanks for that Mike, good post!

You are spot on about them being good at masking speed well, the Mrs can hit 'cough' mph so easily without realising and yet in the Clio your ears start to melt at 60mph! It's a good car to know how fast you are going in, anything over 80 and you really know about it. Not that i condone or have EVER gone above 70mph on a public highway, you understand...

Havent heard too many issues with teh boxes but i would be careful to contact a few owners who have had it before i took the plunge, but 136ps and 230-odd lb/ft will do nicely for now (though the thought of 165ps and 270lb/ft + is rather tantalising).

I have considered the mk.IV Golf or circa. 2002-2003 Audi A3 route, but the Golf is just a bit old now and finding un-molested examples is difficult even with the 130ps diesels. The A3 is a lovely motor, but it is nigh on impossible finding one in the spec i want that is a 5-door. I have lived with 3-door hatches long enough and it is definitely time for my rear passengers to have their own doors! Lovely cars, the A3 even the 8 or 9 year old examples with xenons, leather, climate etc but again i really want 5 doors.

Also considered the Fabia vRS, i actually quite like the look of them, understated but purposeful and must really shift with the 130ps / 236lb/ft VAG engine and such a small chassis, but the interior is cave-like in all respects and i just want something a bit more 'grown-up' after the mental Clio.

On the flip side the Mondeos are too grown up, so i arrived at the only other logical choice, the Focus.

Hmmm......

Thanks for that Mike, good post!

You are spot on about them being good at masking speed well, the Mrs can hit 'cough' mph so easily without realising and yet in the Clio your ears start to melt at 60mph! It's a good car to know how fast you are going in, anything over 80 and you really know about it. Not that i condone or have EVER gone above 70mph on a public highway, you understand...

Havent heard too many issues with teh boxes but i would be careful to contact a few owners who have had it before i took the plunge, but 136ps and 230-odd lb/ft will do nicely for now (though the thought of 165ps and 270lb/ft + is rather tantalising).

I have considered the mk.IV Golf or circa. 2002-2003 Audi A3 route, but the Golf is just a bit old now and finding un-molested examples is difficult even with the 130ps diesels. The A3 is a lovely motor, but it is nigh on impossiblt finding one in the spec i want that is a 5-door. I have lived with 3-doors hatches long enough and it is definitely time for my rear passengers to have their own doors! Lovely cars, the A3 even the 8 or 9 year old examples with xenons, leather, climate etc but again i really want 5 doors.

Also considered the Fabia vRS, i actually quite like the look of them, understated but purposeful and must really shift with the 130ps / 236lb/ft VAG engine and such a small chassis, but the interior is cave-like in all respects and i just want something a bit more 'grown-up' after the mental Clio.

On the flip side the Mondeos are too grown up, so i arrived at the only other logical choice, the Focus.

Hmmm......

What about the seat leon, there a 5door and vw based to shouldant be to awful to drive/live with, Skoda fabia vrs's handle like crap there supposed to be really spongey and lean badly when you really push them hard. I looked at an 03-plate golf before i got my focus and i can only insure the 1.6 so it was 0-60 in 3 weeks and had absoutly no kit shame really i quite like the gti turbo lol.

When my points go away (i was only doing 71 in a 70 honest :rolleyes: ) and ive racked up a few more years no claims i was thinking about a clio 182 cup with the option packs on but i know if i have that il get banned just driving it home and no way in hell would my parents let me near one.

If i was you id go to a car supermarket somewhere, make a list of what your there to look and and make a rough judgement on what you like then take it from there. Personally dont get me wrong i like the MKII focus but it looks as dull as tesco's own brand cheese for me itd have to be the brand new facelift if i had the money or the mk1 in a sporty trim.

The best i can say to you is a 2.0tdci 136ps zetec 5dr on about an 05-06 plate with as low miles as poss and not in a daft colour! lol orr if your budjet can stretch a little what about a titanium spec theyve got buckets of kit on but the sportier set up (im sudjecting the sportier set up focus's because a clio trophy down to a focus lx for eg would be a bit of a buzz kill).

Why a diesel anyway its the fuel of satan, wont a 1.8 petrol do? lol

Mike

What about the seat leon, there a 5door and vw based to shouldant be to awful to drive/live with, Skoda fabia vrs's handle like crap there supposed to be really spongey and lean badly when you really push them hard. I looked at an 03-plate golf before i got my focus and i can only insure the 1.6 so it was 0-60 in 3 weeks and had absoutly no kit shame really i quite like the gti turbo lol.

When my points go away (i was only doing 71 in a 70 honest :rolleyes: ) and ive racked up a few more years no claims i was thinking about a clio 182 cup with the option packs on but i know if i have that il get banned just driving it home and no way in hell would my parents let me near one.

If i was you id go to a car supermarket somewhere, make a list of what your there to look and and make a rough judgement on what you like then take it from there. Personally dont get me wrong i like the MKII focus but it looks as dull as tesco's own brand cheese for me itd have to be the brand new facelift if i had the money or the mk1 in a sporty trim.

The best i can say to you is a 2.0tdci 136ps zetec 5dr on about an 05-06 plate with as low miles as poss and not in a daft colour! lol orr if your budjet can stretch a little what about a titanium spec theyve got buckets of kit on but the sportier set up (im sudjecting the sportier set up focus's because a clio trophy down to a focus lx for eg would be a bit of a buzz kill).

Why a diesel anyway its the fuel of satan, wont a 1.8 petrol do? lol

Mike

Personally prefer modern diesels to petrol, petrol cars, unless a large engine and subsequently guzzle fuel in dirty great dollops, then they are completely gutless and have to cane them to get them to move. Plus i'll be doing lots of motorway miles and need something doing 50+mpg rather than 35mpg, diesel engines i have found are more reliable on the whole.

The look of the mk2 doesnt bother me, i quite like it in a strange sort of way. I wont be able to get on with much less than 70-75k on it but as i say if it has been looked after i'm happy.

As for the Clios, if you fancy one do it, best cars i have ever owned/driven. Fantastic fun and quick enough to worry Porsche drivers. Trust me on that...

Personally prefer modern diesels to petrol, petrol cars, unless a large engine and subsequently guzzle fuel in dirty great dollops, then they are completely gutless and have to cane them to get them to move. Plus i'll be doing lots of motorway miles and need something doing 50+mpg rather than 35mpg, diesel engines i have found are more reliable on the whole.

The look of the mk2 doesnt bother me, i quite like it in a strange sort of way. I wont be able to get on with much less than 70-75k on it but as i say if it has been looked after i'm happy.

As for the Clios, if you fancy one do it, best cars i have ever owned/driven. Fantastic fun and quick enough to worry Porsche drivers. Trust me on that...

In that case good look finding one you like lol theres hundreds in the area so you'll be like a kid in a sweety shop as for the clio i think for me itl be a dream that will never come true il end up buying a st fiesta or something more "civilised"

Mike

In that case good look finding one you like lol theres hundreds in the area so you'll be like a kid in a sweety shop as for the clio i think for me itl be a dream that will never come true il end up buying a st fiesta or something more "civilised"

Mike

thanks mate. I have found a nice blue Zetec on the Wirral, 2.0 TDCi, 78k but with FSH and no known faults and looks in superb condition, i think it has just been a motorway rep cruiser.

Funny you say about the ST, a mate of mine wants to buy the Clio off me who has a white ST at the moment as to be honest (and yes i know i am on a Ford forum) the two cars are in different leagues. The ST yes is more grown up but dynamically is miles away from the Trophy, but also delivers only 25mpg on average compared to the 33mpg i get from the Clio.

Still very reluctant to sell but i do like the Focus, and the diesel grunt and 'laid-back' attitude!

thanks mate. I have found a nice blue Zetec on the Wirral, 2.0 TDCi, 78k but with FSH and no known faults and looks in superb condition, i think it has just been a motorway rep cruiser.

Funny you say about the ST, a mate of mine wants to buy the Clio off me who has a white ST at the moment as to be honest (and yes i know i am on a Ford forum) the two cars are in different leagues. The ST yes is more grown up but dynamically is miles away from the Trophy, but also delivers only 25mpg on average compared to the 33mpg i get from the Clio.

Still very reluctant to sell but i do like the Focus, and the diesel grunt and 'laid-back' attitude!

My cus had a bright red st, it was nice but for the amount they cost il conseed there !Removed! lol buttttt very fast and cheap to insure which for me is the killer on the clio. I dont know chances are il end up with another focus be it an st or just a normal zetec is for the job situation to decide, good-focus st or clio 182 cup, bad-keep my mk1 or get a mk2.5.

My dad got his old car from wirral lol 2 mills honda theres some pretty nice cars nocking around there some right monsters to so be weary and i know this will sound daft but on the test drive give it a bootfull and see how it pulls lol prepair yourself for the degrade from hot hatch to luke warm lower manadgment car :P .

Oh how much u selling the trophy for by the way

Mike

My cus had a bright red st, it was nice but for the amount they cost il conseed there !Removed! lol buttttt very fast and cheap to insure which for me is the killer on the clio. I dont know chances are il end up with another focus be it an st or just a normal zetec is for the job situation to decide, good-focus st or clio 182 cup, bad-keep my mk1 or get a mk2.5.

My dad got his old car from wirral lol 2 mills honda theres some pretty nice cars nocking around there some right monsters to so be weary and i know this will sound daft but on the test drive give it a bootfull and see how it pulls lol prepair yourself for the degrade from hot hatch to luke warm lower manadgment car :P .

Oh how much u selling the trophy for by the way

Mike

Yeah i am kinda prepping myself for the change from ultimate hot hatch to a repmobile, but at the moment i just need something cheaper to run (which the Focus certainly will be) and something just more 'chilled'. The Clio is a superb drive, but the idea of having all the power at 2,000rpm instead of 75,000rpm appeals to me. As i said it'll only be temporary, in 18 months i'll be taking the plunge for a Megane R26.R!! Grrrrr!!

I'll probably not get much more than £6.5k for the Clio mate, it needs the belts doing soon and has done 64k. The market is only just recovering on the Trophys, but i bought it 2 years ago for only £1.1k more than that so teh depreciation hasnt been too harsh really...

I will be careful mate, i'll make sur i do all the necessary checks before buying. Does seem kosher this one, but also like the fact it has a towbar. I do kayaking, karting and mountain biking so a cheap trailer to put my stuff in will be magic. Towbars are damned expensive!

BTW- you say there are quite a few for sale in the vicinity (seeing as we are fairly local to each other, i'm just south of manchester but am happy travelling over your way) but i have only been looking on pistonheads and autotrader, but there arent many for sale on there.

Can you recommend any other place or know of any other places there might be some decent ones for sale?

cheers

Dan

Yeah i am kinda prepping myself for the change from ultimate hot hatch to a repmobile, but at the moment i just need something cheaper to run (which the Focus certainly will be) and something just more 'chilled'. The Clio is a superb drive, but the idea of having all the power at 2,000rpm instead of 75,000rpm appeals to me. As i said it'll only be temporary, in 18 months i'll be taking the plunge for a Megane R26.R!! Grrrrr!!

I'll probably not get much more than £6.5k for the Clio mate, it needs the belts doing soon and has done 64k. The market is only just recovering on the Trophys, but i bought it 2 years ago for only £1.1k more than that so teh depreciation hasnt been too harsh really...

I will be careful mate, i'll make sur i do all the necessary checks before buying. Does seem kosher this one, but also like the fact it has a towbar. I do kayaking, karting and mountain biking so a cheap trailer to put my stuff in will be magic. Towbars are damned expensive!

Towbar usually means its been lugging something which can lead to clutch wear although it depends what its been pulling if its just a small tralier to take crap to the tip your laffing where as if its a 4wheel caravan your in the s**t lol. A megane R26 r isnt that the super hardcore one with plastic windows i like the r26 though one was in oulton park today in yellow with all the decals on best part a girl owned it :P . Belts on a 182 dosent that cost some daft figure cos the engine needs dropping down for acess lol hurd rumors ...

BTW- you say there are quite a few for sale in the vicinity (seeing as we are fairly local to each other, i'm just south of manchester but am happy travelling over your way) but i have only been looking on pistonheads and autotrader, but there arent many for sale on there.

Can you recommend any other place or know of any other places there might be some decent ones for sale?

cheers

Dan

Evans halshaw webby, Arnold clark, all major car supermarkets in the area, m53 ford or one local to me fords of windsford have a dossle through the dealers acctuall websites and pistonheads cost a f***in fortune they overprice everything a focus like mine with a worse spec and more miles was on there for 4,600 where as i wouldant get more than 4,100 at best for mine with leather seats etc. Its a case of nuckling down with a brew and turning over every stone u can find took me about 3 months to find a st220 for my dad so il have a scout round the manchester area for u and if i find any good ones il post the links.

Mike

Towbar usually means its been lugging something which can lead to clutch wear although it depends what its been pulling if its just a small tralier to take crap to the tip your laffing where as if its a 4wheel caravan your in the s**t lol. A megane R26 r isnt that the super hardcore one with plastic windows i like the r26 though one was in oulton park today in yellow with all the decals on best part a girl owned it :P . Belts on a 182 dosent that cost some daft figure cos the engine needs dropping down for acess lol hurd rumors ...

Evans halshaw webby, Arnold clark, all major car supermarkets in the area, m53 ford or one local to me fords of windsford have a dossle through the dealers acctuall websites and pistonheads cost a f***in fortune they overprice everything a focus like mine with a worse spec and more miles was on there for 4,600 where as i wouldant get more than 4,100 at best for mine with leather seats etc. Its a case of nuckling down with a brew and turning over every stone u can find took me about 3 months to find a st220 for my dad so il have a scout round the manchester area for u and if i find any good ones il post the links.

Mike

You are correct on both counts, the R26.R is a bit of a nut-mobile, a final flourish for that shape Megane in the way the Trophy was for that shape Clio, and yes the cambelt can be very costly, but only with Renault, independent specialists do it for around £500 all-in.

Yeah if you see anything that would be great, thanks for your help mate

You are correct on both counts, the R26.R is a bit of a nut-mobile, a final flourish for that shape Megane in the way the Trophy was for that shape Clio, and yes the cambelt can be very costly, but only with Renault, independent specialists do it for around £500 all-in.

Yeah if you see anything that would be great, thanks for your help mate

No worries your a fellow foci well to be but yeah http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201010354387235/sort/priceasc/usedcars/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/body-type/hatchback/fuel-type/diesel/price-to/7000/model/focus/make/ford/page/1/postcode/ch38ep/radius/60?logcode=p

Thats the best i can find on trader with reasonable miles and ISNT a ghia, its also the 136ps diesel.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201006352034329/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/7000/fuel-type/diesel/quantity-of-doors/5/engine-size-cars/1-7l_to_1-9l/seller-type/trade_adverts/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/body-type/hatchback/model/focus/make/ford/radius/60/page/8/postcode/ch38ep?logcode=p

That last one is a 1.8 tdci, i put that one up because if your only going to keep the car for 18months whats the point in going for the more expensive 2.0 or is the 1.8 to big a step down from the RS. There dosent seem to be that many on the market for the 6-7k mark there was a time when you would be shifting though hundreds think the best time to buy would be the company car changeover time.

Mike

Thanks for looking fella. Yeah to be honest if i can find one with more miles (a 2.0 i mean) then i'd rather do that, i have been in a 1.8 TDCi and there is a fair old difference in the torque they produce, very noticeable on the road.

Autoquake have a lovely Titanium in for only £5,514, but has done 89k. hmmmm....

Thanks for looking fella. Yeah to be honest if i can find one with more miles (a 2.0 i mean) then i'd rather do that, i have been in a 1.8 TDCi and there is a fair old difference in the torque they produce, very noticeable on the road.

Autoquake have a lovely Titanium in for only £5,514, but has done 89k. hmmmm....

Only thing that id be thinking of is wear on the seats and wheel etc the drivetrain n mechanics shud be good for yearssss yet providing its been bothered with and looked after same should be for the seats but the leather ones seem to wear better for sum reason going of what ive seen on trader etc and the ghia just looks shocking to me lmao focus's dont suit wood and the wheels are crap. Then again if its only for 18months i beleve the phrase "who gives one" applies lol.

The MK2 has grown on me saw a sea grey one today 3dr titanium on the graphite 18's rear tints etc looked like someone really loved/bothered with it think its time for me to trade in the trusty edge in january hes starting to look abit dated :( .

Only thing that id be thinking of is wear on the seats and wheel etc the drivetrain n mechanics shud be good for yearssss yet providing its been bothered with and looked after same should be for the seats but the leather ones seem to wear better for sum reason going of what ive seen on trader etc and the ghia just looks shocking to me lmao focus's dont suit wood and the wheels are crap. Then again if its only for 18months i beleve the phrase "who gives one" applies lol.

The MK2 has grown on me saw a sea grey one today 3dr titanium on the graphite 18's rear tints etc looked like someone really loved/bothered with it think its time for me to trade in the trusty edge in january hes starting to look abit dated :( .

I am in complete agreement regarding the Ghias, the Mrs has a Foci Ghia 2.0 TDCi and though comfy, the wheels are GASH and seats arent terribly great either. She did manage to land a great one though, in super condition and only 24k on a 56. There is a Ghia on AutoTrader for £6k that has only done 43k, but no-one will touch it because it is maroon with very, very light cream coloured seats and carpets! Aaargh!

I really do like the look of the mk2. Ironically enough, the Top Gear episode on Dave came on earlier where they tested the 2.0 TDCi against the Astra and the mkV Golf, and it came out on top as far as value and driving was concerned, but when discussing the looks they said that on a car like the Focus (which lets be honest are EVERYWHERE), as long as it doesnt look awful then as you say, who gives one...!

The Titaniums are lovely, i am waiting on some details on one i found for £5,795 over in Mexborough near Sheffield. They list everything apart from the mileage!

Plus, even though it'll be more of a 'car' to me than a prize possession as the Clio currently is, i'll still look after it as i do all my motors and know i'll keep it pristine. The autoquake one appeals as even though it's done 89k, they sell mainly ex-lease so chances are it has a very comprehensive service history.

Hmmm... we'll see!

I am in complete agreement regarding the Ghias, the Mrs has a Foci Ghia 2.0 TDCi and though comfy, the wheels are GASH and seats arent terribly great either. She did manage to land a great one though, in super condition and only 24k on a 56. There is a Ghia on AutoTrader for £6k that has only done 43k, but no-one will touch it because it is maroon with very, very light cream coloured seats and carpets! Aaargh!

I really do like the look of the mk2. Ironically enough, the Top Gear episode on Dave came on earlier where they tested the 2.0 TDCi against the Astra and the mkV Golf, and it came out on top as far as value and driving was concerned, but when discussing the looks they said that on a car like the Focus (which lets be honest are EVERYWHERE), as long as it doesnt look awful then as you say, who gives one...!

The Titaniums are lovely, i am waiting on some details on one i found for £5,795 over in Mexborough near Sheffield. They list everything apart from the mileage!

Plus, even though it'll be more of a 'car' to me than a prize possession as the Clio currently is, i'll still look after it as i do all my motors and know i'll keep it pristine. The autoquake one appeals as even though it's done 89k, they sell mainly ex-lease so chances are it has a very comprehensive service history.

Hmmm... we'll see!

Have a gander at both of um oh n by the way wack the clio on Ph you'll get more for it :P lol. Mates sister had a dark gray 2.0tdci zetec with the sport pack on thats alright just a 5door which for me spells out old person and id never use the back doors anyway its only ever me and the misses in the foci or the best mate.

Your not the only one who looks after there pride and joy other day i spent about 3hrs polishing mine painting some protector stuff over the alloys, leather feed everything had a full overhall and will be getting another one in 3 weeks but washed and hoovered every week not that i have ocd like :P and i watched that TG episode on dave! how can the astra look good inside its as you say "gash" just a lump of silver plastic and one really !Removed! yellow lcd screen at the top sorry bit i really hate the newer vauxhalls there crap lol older stuff like cav 4x4's love um.

The best colour i think would be a very dark green titanium with full black leather and a piano black dash trim with red ambient lighting *druels* or a black rs....

But anyway back on topic let me know what they say about the one over in Mexborough bet its done 100k :lol:

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Well after weeks of searching and selling the Clio, it has now sold and have put down a deposit on a 2.0 TDCi Zetec climate (so has heated screen as well which is a bonus), 06-reg, 63k, silver, very good condition, comes with limited warranty, new MOT and service so i am a happy bunny. Very chuffed to find one with such relatively low mileage compared to most others for the money (it cost me £5690).

Mike- you were correct the 3 or so Titaniums they had over in Mexborough had done something like 87k, 91k and 101k, and to get a car with virtually 30k less on it, plus newer (its 06 as opposed to 05/55) and all i have really given up is a slightly better stereo and a bit of leather on the seats. Plus cruise control, but i never use that on the clio anyway so doubt i'll really miss that.

Anyway am picking it up next saturday as this week it'll be MOT'd, serviced and is having a couple of minor dents removed from driver door and bonnet, so she'll look good as new. Only 1 previous female owner too which is yet another bonus.

Well after weeks of searching and selling the Clio, it has now sold and have put down a deposit on a 2.0 TDCi Zetec climate (so has heated screen as well which is a bonus), 06-reg, 63k, silver, very good condition, comes with limited warranty, new MOT and service so i am a happy bunny. Very chuffed to find one with such relatively low mileage compared to most others for the money (it cost me £5690).

Mike- you were correct the 3 or so Titaniums they had over in Mexborough had done something like 87k, 91k and 101k, and to get a car with virtually 30k less on it, plus newer (its 06 as opposed to 05/55) and all i have really given up is a slightly better stereo and a bit of leather on the seats. Plus cruise control, but i never use that on the clio anyway so doubt i'll really miss that.

Anyway am picking it up next saturday as this week it'll be MOT'd, serviced and is having a couple of minor dents removed from driver door and bonnet, so she'll look good as new. Only 1 previous female owner too which is yet another bonus.

Bugger me sounds like you got an alright deal there then mate and yeah theres not realy much diff between the models unless your comparing an lx and a ghia or something but the zetec climate is probs the best all rounder and money wise the most sence.

The deal sounds quite fair aswell seing as there doing the minor dents etc for you has it got all the service history n shizz saying that its not to much of a worry if there giving it a service and mot fresh for you you'll have to put some pics n for us to have agander at aswell :P

Mike

Yes i will do mate, picking her up around midday saturday and will then be giving her a good clean (as i do with all my new cars as soon as i get them!) and will take some piccies and post 'em up.

Yeah as you say the model differences are minimal, can't say i'm at all bothered about leather for the time being, it only means having to treat it from time to time to stop it cracking and is cold in winter first thing, and with the climate pack-jobbie it has just about all the spec of say the Ghia minus the cruise c.

As for the deal in general, i was really chuffed as i have the autotrader app on my iPhone and just thought i'd have a quick look one morning last week and this one popped up, was surprised to see a 62k 06 reg car for under £5700 so immediately ignored it thinking they must have got the price wrong, but nope, called them up and they confirmed the price.

So then i obviously thought what state must it be in for it to be only £190 more expensive than 05/85k examples, but turns out it is superbly clean throughout. Must have been a rep-mobile as the rear seats barely look as though they have ever been sat on, along with the rear carpets. The dents were minimal (golf ball sized one on driver door underneath wing mirror and the bonnet one looks as though someone has tried to push the bonnet closed too hard) but for them to offer to remove both of those, as well as full service, MOT and limited warranty just seemed a bit good to be true.

HPI'd the car before i went and that all came up green so all seems well, thought i had best to it before i went as i could just tell if the car looked as good as the pics then i'd whack a deposit down there and then; and it turned out i did!

Surely going to miss the daft-ness and amazing driver experience the Clio delivers in spades, but despite having driven such exciting and quick little cars for the past few years i am strangely really looking forward to owning the Focus, not to mention ALL THAT SPACE!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club