• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mcculloch

mcculloch

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.8 Petrol Duratec

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

I have just replaced the battery in my x reg 1.8 ford mondeo duratec, once reconnected the radio wanted the radio code which i found on a sticker in the book along with the radio code etc, when entered it is not accepting the code, I cannot get the unit out either to get the number from the side of it for dealer to do it! It is the 6000cd model, also tried disconnecting battery for 5mins but still getting 30min countdown!! Please help

Unit Type - FD 600N 1
Serial Number - M109495
Key Code - 6975

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

that is the right code for the seriel number, all i can think off is that the book you have does not match the radio.the only true way of checking is to get the radio removed and check the seriel number on the set.

#3 mcculloch

mcculloch

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

that is the right code for the seriel number, all i can think off is that the book you have does not match the radio.the only true way of checking is to get the radio removed and check the seriel number on the set.

ok cool cool i had kinna came to that conclusion, just that all service history etc the mechanic has written the same radio code on the job sheets lol how do i remove it without the keys? its the one with 4 holes 2 top 2 bottom cheers mate, doing ma head in lol

#4 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

ok cool cool i had kinna came to that conclusion, just that all service history etc the mechanic has written the same radio code on the job sheets lol how do i remove it without the keys? its the one with 4 holes 2 top 2 bottom cheers mate, doing ma head in lol

I think you really need the keys to do it without damage, the keys go on Ebay for pretty cheap.

#5 mcculloch

mcculloch

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

I think you really need the keys to do it without damage, the keys go on Ebay for pretty cheap.

Right finally found the problem, got a set of keys and removed the unit to find that the serial etc does not match the handbook. so could somebody please provide me with the right code i need? cheers

Model - 600NE
Serial - MO86018
Part - YS4F - 18C815 - AA

#6 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

here you go- 9100

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users