Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytime Running Lights

AdamC11

Doesn't one of the Audi's have them front and rear?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mark t

• Nico.

• beanaldo

• Xxmdfxx

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure tbh, might look like youre always on the brakes :S Will look good if you can get away with it though

I can't find anything on the legality of rear ones, and I'm led to believe that BMW's have rear ones also!

Also, I took one of the rear lights off the other day (once I'd found who to get in to the wing nut!) to see if they would fit either underneath, or inside, and I don't fancy taking them apart!

drlr-1.jpg

drlr-2.jpg

Not sure how this would look, to look good I think it would have to be inside the casing, which could prove very difficult.

Audi's and BMW's don't have rear DRLs, they just have fancy shaped LED tail lights (in narrow lines and different shaped rings).

get them turned on by linking them up to some sort of power source and see what it looks like first, if they look naf lit up then not much point... i just dont think thats one i gonna do but am pretty tempted to get red led strips and fit them under the front seats like footwell lights for the back :)

well i finaly had the time to connect my front daytime running lights. in the fuse box there is a relay with the number 365. At the back of this was a blue cable which became live when the engine was turned on. so i connected the the live ware to this cable and the negative(black cablw went to the earth on the car. because of this wiring my lights only come on when the car is running. Thus resulting in my sidelights not needing to be on. pics to follow tonight when its dark.

I too have fitted my front ones, but I'm not going to risk wiring them up, which reminds me, need to make a phone call!

Can't say im a fan personally. I think they cheapen the look of the car IMO. But hey, they probably look better in real life :)

D'oh! the electrical man is away 'till Wednesday!

Well I have them wired, and when I hit start, they come on, and stay on until the car dicides to shut down once locked, which is about 10 seconds!

Was going to post daytime photos, but I blurred them both, as I'm in t'pub now, when I get home, and it's dark, I'll post darky photos, with auto lights off!

Well I have them wired, and when I hit start, they come on, and stay on until the car dicides to shut down once locked, which is about 10 seconds!

Was going to post daytime photos, but I blurred them both, as I'm in t'pub now, when I get home, and it's dark, I'll post darky photos, with auto lights off!

after a chat with a mate that does mots rear drls are not legal as they confuse drivers into thinking you are breaking and will only pass an mot if they can be switched off wioth the engine running hes had a few in and had to get in touch with vosa to find out but basically the cops can also pull you for rear ones as well

IMG_0326-20.jpg

They look really good them bud.

Where did you buy them from because i looking for a decent set like yours?

Cheers

they look so tacky its untrue.

props to the guys who have actually put them inside the headlamp but still they are horrendous. they are literally the equivilent to the lexus lights back in the day.

lets take something from another car manufacturer and put it on a considerably cheaper car. its funny when you see older audis with diy strip lighting on, Halfords special.

i know you'll all say 'each to their own' and 'modding is down to personal preference' but they seriously look cheap, and make your car look cheap.. bad times

Got them fro Oznium http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips the 19 inch ones!

A for looking tacky, it's going to be on all cars from next year, that photo is in the complete dark, but there is a street light, without flash, and headlights not on, in the daylight they aren't as bright!

And as for rear ones, I have just followed a Volvo XC60 through town, with rear ones, a strip of LEDs in the lights, and if they could be confused for brake lights, what is the difference between rear DLRs and driving with you lights permanently on??

Day time!

DSCF2921-20.jpg

they look so tacky its untrue.

i know you'll all say 'each to their own' and 'modding is down to personal preference' but they seriously look cheap, and make your car look cheap.. bad times

i think they look really good... pictures do sell them short, but i wouldnt go as far too say they tacky though

And as for rear ones, I have just followed a Volvo XC60 through town, with rear ones, a strip of LEDs in the lights, and if they could be confused for brake lights, what is the difference between rear DLRs and driving with you lights permanently on??

Get a picture of the rear ones on i interested too see them :)

How do they make the car look cheap? in my opinion they add that bit more of a classy look if done rite.And if like most have done and put them under the gap of the headlights its like they should be there anyways.

I have'nt got any and dont intend too but i think they look the goods for those that have fitted them ;)

2009_Volvo_XC60_7_(768x576).jpg

The bit to the right is the rear light, and bottom left is the brake light

• 2 years later...

ok then. iv just gone a bought a hynes manual and been looking through it until i got to the fuse box. It turns out there is a fuse for "daytime running lights" (iv got the mk6.5 btw)so there might be a way to do it through that. Also my dads an electrision so he said there is probably a way to hook it up to the ignition so you dont need any other lights on for it to work. so im going to order them tonight so hopfully they will arive near the end of the week.

Hi there. I realy like THE look of it. I just did mine also. And i also had THE problem How to conect it so when they are on THE rest of my lights stay off. And when i turn on normal lights THE drl turns off.

Your drl does this??

Michael

ok then. iv just gone a bought a hynes manual and been looking through it until i got to the fuse box. It turns out there is a fuse for "daytime running lights" (iv got the mk6.5 btw)so there might be a way to do it through that. Also my dads an electrision so he said there is probably a way to hook it up to the ignition so you dont need any other lights on for it to work. so im going to order them tonight so hopfully they will arive near the end of the week.

well i finaly had the time to connect my front daytime running lights. in the fuse box there is a relay with the number 365. At the back of this was a blue cable which became live when the engine was turned on. so i connected the the live ware to this cable and the negative(black cablw went to the earth on the car. because of this wiring my lights only come on when the car is running. Thus resulting in my sidelights not needing to be on. pics to follow tonight when its dark.

Hi there. I am new here. But i have seen your topic about THE daytime lights. They look great i did THE Same to my car. Hope you can help me. When you wired it to THE bleu cabel. Does it turn of when you turn on your normal lights??

Already thanx Michael

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club