Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus

coll247

typical.iv just been to fuel up at shell(which is a bit of a drive from where i live)and called at a few places and it never did it once.the dials worked fine and never shot up on ignition.sayin that its probably a one off and will be bk to normal 2morra.strange how its fine all of a sudden.

try the battery mine did it when car was parked for a couple of hours it would do it. drive it leave it for 5-10 mins would be ok got a battery from a scrappy and its been alright since

try the battery mine did it when car was parked for a couple of hours it would do it. drive it leave it for 5-10 mins would be ok got a battery from a scrappy and its been alright since

yeah check youre battery is a silver calcium or lead calcium battery and not lead acid as this will cause electrical issues like the dash cluster as the focus has smart charge a normal lead acid battery is no good at all it must be silver/lead calcium dont listen to these numptys in a certain large car shop that will sell you acid batteries they are no good

how do i tell what battery it is??been lookin around the site but cant find anythin to go off.all my battery says is MOTORCRAFT SUPERSTART.cheers oh and my dials have been 50-50 today

how do i tell what battery it is??been lookin around the site but cant find anythin to go off.all my battery says is MOTORCRAFT SUPERSTART.cheers oh and my dials have been 50-50 today

its a lead acid battery which will have been okay for a bit but the high charging rates will be killing the battery in short it should be silver calcium give youre local ford a call to confirm but im almost sure its the battery thats gibving you issues smart charge can stick up to 18 volts in the battery when cold so a lead acid cant take those i have a silver calcium ansd it was lead acid that was in mine ford told me straight it was the wrong battery call youre local ford parts and find out

cheers mate.il probably nip up 2morra as im not at work this weekend(woohoo).would be good to change it and knowing it may cure all my problems.im hoping it does.il let you know how i get on,and if the price is right first.cheers

cheers mate.il probably nip up 2morra as im not at work this weekend(woohoo).would be good to change it and knowing it may cure all my problems.im hoping it does.il let you know how i get on,and if the price is right first.cheers

shop around they can vary from 40 quid up to and over a hundred ive seen a few mondeos with similar issues and a new proper batteryhas solved them all so you never know try this i use the moura silver calcium battery its an oem battery uised by all the top manufacturers http://www.challenge...m/batteries.php to help you understand the basic principle read this.....The Moura Silver Technology was developed, by Moura Batteries, in the late 1990s, to face the challenges provided by temperature variations and uneven road surfaces, which can affect the life and performance of a conventional battery.

It is the result of several years of work and commitment to provide the best technological solution possible. The Moura Silver Alloy is the result of many years of development work undertaken on Silver Technology.

It is manufactured under extremely strict quality control procedures and, as result, the batteries are used as original equipment by major vehicle manufacturers.

The silver technology enables thinner plates to be used , therefore giving improved starting performance and a greater length of life to the batteries.

Why Silver?

Most of the worlds leading car manufacturers are now demanding silver technology for their first fit battery. Most European vehicles from 2000 have been fitted with SCS charging systems to take care of the excessive demands placed on today's batteries, the SCS charges batteries on the vehicle at 15.2 volts, this is much higher than a conventional system and therefore will only work with batteries manufactured with Silver Technology.

Silver Technology gives the battery a far higher tolerance and acceptance of this higher charge rate, by fitting a conventional battery the acid would turn black, a high loss of electrolyte and the risk of explosion would occur. A conventional battery would NOT last the period of the guarantee. MOURA SILVER is the way forward for modern vehicles.The Ultimate in Performance

Designed to combat the drain on batteries caused by short journeys, high under bonnet temperatures, sophisticated vehicle electronics, silver technology takes battery reliability, service life starting power and performance to new heights through patented silver alloy, new plate design and advanced technological construction techniques.

Advantages of Moura Silver:

Silver alloy gives 20% longer service life.

Faster recharge acceptance.

Improved cyclic performance

Envelope separators gives higher starting performance

Labyrinth sealed lid design eliminates water loss and is spill proof and totally maintenance free.

The only battery to work with the SCS charging system.

Moura Battery is OEM part approved by these companies

Renault - New Holland - Fiat - Mercedes Benz - Ford - VW - Ford - Chrysler