Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woodford

Crank Sensor And Ecu

1 post in this topic

hi guys

im new to the forum, basicly bought my ford focus 2000 1.6i zetec last week ran great then couple of days having the car it developed a missfire and ran really lumpy i changed the ht leads and coil pack and got new plugs and fuel filter even changed the lambda sensor on the exaust still ran exactly the same so decided to take it on the motorway to see if it would clear if i gave it a bit of a run then after cuming off the motorway i was driving home an the car just cut out and would not start so i got toad home and got a mobile mechanic out to it and they plugged the diagnostic machine in and it came up with nothing then he checked if there was a spark and there wasnt so he said that it could be crank sensor failing that the ECU . Any ideas any comments appreciated as im new to injection engines. and also is it possible to just go to a scrap yard and get an ecu of an exact same model and try that ?

thanks .