AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gilly

Mk1 Focus Side Mirror Covers.

6 posts in this topic

hi, side mirrors need a bit of tlc, so my plan was/is to remove the covers on the mirrors for a paint job, anyone know how to get the covers off the mirrors??? thank you in advance.

They are very easy to take off/put back on. As I found out when some cretin knocked mine off and it fell to bits (easily put back together).

The body coloured part is held on to the black frame with 3 or 4 smalls clips. So should easily be pryed off gently with a flat screwdriver. Thinking about doing the same to mine actually, because the red paint on the driver's side one has started to fade and flake off on mine.

They are very easy to take off/put back on. As I found out when some cretin knocked mine off and it fell to bits (easily put back together).

The body coloured part is held on to the black frame with 3 or 4 smalls clips. So should easily be pryed off gently with a flat screwdriver. Thinking about doing the same to mine actually, because the red paint on the driver's side one has started to fade and flake off on mine.

OOOOPS, sorry that came out twice! My internet is having a bad day. :blink:

so i just pop a flat screwie in where back cover meets actual mirror, and gently pry away?

Anywhere along the edge of the body coloured cover (where it meets the black frame), and carefully try and pry it off.

Anywhere along the edge of the body coloured cover (where it meets the black frame), and carefully try and pry it off.

thank u will give it a go wen rain stops.....gotta love sunny manchester!!!!!!!