Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Iphone

AndyZS10

hey guys, i have my ZS now but have a little problem thought you guys maybe able to help before the car makes the trip back to ford..... my iPhone links up to the bluetooth find but when i go the make a call nothing happens the car wont ring, does anyone know a reason why this would happen?

or is it a trip back to ford, im thinking a trip back myself as cant think of any way of getting it to work...

Dont know whether its linked to the same problem but when you play the music through the usb (if you have one) click on the ipod icon then in the bottom click the bluetooth icon then select either the headphone or ford audio, sorry if i haven't explained that well.

Ive had a simerlar experience with my blackberry storm 2. Ive had phone calls come in to me and the car refuses to let me answer and the same problem where i cant dial out to make a call.

Took it to the garage today and they said my phone was not compatible and it would directly interfere with operation of the stereo unit. As im upgrading to an iPhone soon i asked about that and i was told that it was only partially compatible and they have had simerlar problems with i phones.

Basically the bluetooth system wont work well with smart phones and can cause a lot of intermittant problems. This was what was told to me by the sevice dept.

My iPhone Current version 8GB works fine!

Go in to settings > General > bluetooth it will then search for devices, and find Ford Audio, which will come up on the screen on the car with a code to pop in to to the phone, once you type in the 4 digit code, it's away, an if it ever has a non connect, so the same, in to ford audio and forget device, and back out it will re-search and enter the code it gives!

Are you using the phone to dial? if so, on the screen it will have devices, click it,and choose ford audio, just a point though, I can't get the car to as yet give me the call back, if you're on a call, and start the car the bluetooth takes it, but will not let you have it back in return when you stop the car!

My mates iPhone works with his.... Mine works everythink work with the car eg. Phone book and all that It just won't call. I think I'll take it back and get them to sort it

My mates iPhone works with his.... Mine works everythink work with the car eg. Phone book and all that It just won't call. I think I'll take it back and get them to sort it

Simerlar problem with my blackberry with the calling ive tried to use the centre console to dial out sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. But the cause of the problem is my phone as my dads anciant bluetooth phone works fine.

I posted on here a while ago, that my iPhone 3Gs worked ok apart from the fact that when I use the steering wheel mode button to answer a call (as per the Fiesta Manual) it just cuts the phone off and the caller goes to answerphone. If I use the function button on the dash it answers ok. All other functions (dialling / phone book etc..) works fine..

I put any issues with it down to the partial compatability..

B.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club