#1 DeeBe

DeeBe

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Ford Model: Peugeot 308 Sport/Peugeot 207 Sport

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

Hi folks.

Just wondering if I was to buy some Focus ST replica wheels, would they fit my Focus Zetec Climate? I know the 5x108 stud pattern is correct, but the offset is where I'm stumped. I believe my offset is 38-42 but the wheels I'm looking at are 52.5 so I'm unsure what this means as I cannt fathom offset!

Thank you. Dave.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:20 AM

Hi folks.

Just wondering if I was to buy some Focus ST replica wheels, would they fit my Focus Zetec Climate? I know the 5x108 stud pattern is correct, but the offset is where I'm stumped. I believe my offset is 38-42 but the wheels I'm looking at are 52.5 so I'm unsure what this means as I cannt fathom offset!

Thank you. Dave.

I have 18" Ford alloys and noted that while the tyres that are on them are the same as the ST alloys (225/40/18), the alloy itself is about 1" narrower I think. The ST has a different rack, and thus a different turning circle. If you are to fit the ST alloys for example, I recall reading that some sort of spacer stops them rubbing. Ask the Ford Parts chap on this forum is my advice.

#3 DeeBe

DeeBe

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for the reply silverfox. I think I'll be leaving that well alone then, doesn't seem worth the hassle.

#4 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for the reply silverfox. I think I'll be leaving that well alone then, doesn't seem worth the hassle.

There are standard size 17" Ford alloys that look a lot like the ST wheels that might be worth a look (MKII). If you are not mainly on the motorway, 18's can be a little harsh at times!

#5 DeeBe

DeeBe

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

I can imagine, obviously a lack of tyre wall will make it a bit harder. I'm struggling to find many OEM wheels tbh!

#6 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

I can imagine, obviously a lack of tyre wall will make it a bit harder. I'm struggling to find many OEM wheels tbh!

You probably won't. Most are for the 4-stud MKI. The Ford alloys are best imo (made by Ronal).

#7 DeeBe

DeeBe

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

I bought them (8x18") and they went straight on, no rubbing lock-to-lock. Phew!!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users