AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeeBe

18" Wheels

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks.

Just wondering if I was to buy some Focus ST replica wheels, would they fit my Focus Zetec Climate? I know the 5x108 stud pattern is correct, but the offset is where I'm stumped. I believe my offset is 38-42 but the wheels I'm looking at are 52.5 so I'm unsure what this means as I cannt fathom offset!

Thank you. Dave.

Hi folks.

Just wondering if I was to buy some Focus ST replica wheels, would they fit my Focus Zetec Climate? I know the 5x108 stud pattern is correct, but the offset is where I'm stumped. I believe my offset is 38-42 but the wheels I'm looking at are 52.5 so I'm unsure what this means as I cannt fathom offset!

Thank you. Dave.

I have 18" Ford alloys and noted that while the tyres that are on them are the same as the ST alloys (225/40/18), the alloy itself is about 1" narrower I think. The ST has a different rack, and thus a different turning circle. If you are to fit the ST alloys for example, I recall reading that some sort of spacer stops them rubbing. Ask the Ford Parts chap on this forum is my advice.

Thanks for the reply silverfox. I think I'll be leaving that well alone then, doesn't seem worth the hassle.

Thanks for the reply silverfox. I think I'll be leaving that well alone then, doesn't seem worth the hassle.

There are standard size 17" Ford alloys that look a lot like the ST wheels that might be worth a look (MKII). If you are not mainly on the motorway, 18's can be a little harsh at times!

I can imagine, obviously a lack of tyre wall will make it a bit harder. I'm struggling to find many OEM wheels tbh!

I can imagine, obviously a lack of tyre wall will make it a bit harder. I'm struggling to find many OEM wheels tbh!

You probably won't. Most are for the 4-stud MKI. The Ford alloys are best imo (made by Ronal).

I bought them (8x18") and they went straight on, no rubbing lock-to-lock. Phew!!!