Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,731 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

whats the deal with them guys from what im reading l.e.d lights have to either have a resistor attatched or they will eventually burn out im also reading that simply changing the map light to an led bulb means that the courtesy light isnt going out when you remote lock the car can anyone confirm this has anyone done it to there car yet very confused as they are all over the place advertised as simple plug and play units

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:30 PM

whats the deal with them guys from what im reading l.e.d lights have to either have a resistor attatched or they will eventually burn out im also reading that simply changing the map light to an led bulb means that the courtesy light isnt going out when you remote lock the car can anyone confirm this has anyone done it to there car yet very confused as they are all over the place advertised as simple plug and play units

I had the led in the center maplight on mine and when i locked the car with the bipper or the key just engine running and driving around it stayed on all the time never ever turned off did look good at night though.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• 28102008080.jpg

#3 cressws1

cressws1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8
  • Year: 1999

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:10 AM

Ive sent all of mine away to an ebay seller called 'lynbonnes' to be done. They're perfect and look amazing in blue. Nothing acts different to how it did in green the only difference is the colour.

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Ive sent all of mine away to an ebay seller called 'lynbonnes' to be done. They're perfect and look amazing in blue. Nothing acts different to how it did in green the only difference is the colour.

weird there seem to be many issues with fitting these one person can have the interior light work normally after being changed to leds another has issues very strange suppose ill just have to order them up and see what happens then

#5 cressws1

cressws1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8
  • Year: 1999

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

These are the guys that did mine, Also goes by the ebay name 'lynnbonnes'. http://www.blue-led-.../shop/index.php

#6 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

These are the guys that did mine, Also goes by the ebay name 'lynnbonnes'. http://www.blue-led-.../shop/index.php

My mate did his focus interior there personally its to bright for me lol im happy with the crappy green for now

Mike

#7 HeadShoT2009

HeadShoT2009

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 Ford Focus Black Edition
Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

What LED's are we talking bout

#8 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

What LED's are we talking bout

doesnt matter just got off the phone to a mate who knows about this stuff and basically if you chenge the exterior bulbs or say the map light bulb youll need a load resistor wiring kit or they will eventually blow or cause other issues so i wont even bother with that carry on from what he explained leds are low resistance normal bulbs are higher so the leds get fed with a higher resistance that causes them to burn out his works had a few motors in and the faults have been traced to led fitments door switches and dash lights he said is fine he problems come with indicators headlights etc i wanted to do the map light but dont think ill bother

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users