Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locked My Keys In The Car

jason4746

i wash packing up my car with my stuff from uni to return home for easter, and as i was packing the boot, i put the keys in the boot and when i shut the boot i realised that i had done but it was to late.

the spare key was in 150 miles away.

The RAC came out but the doors where locked from the inside so they couldnt open it, and whilst trying, the nicely scratched my centre console with the large metal rod. i was not best pleased.

all in all not a good day.

lets hope fedex get me my keys nice and early tomo

i wash packing up my car with my stuff from uni to return home for easter, and as i was packing the boot, i put the keys in the boot and when i shut the boot i realised that i had done but it was to late.

the spare key was in 150 miles away.

The RAC came out but the doors where locked from the inside so they couldnt open it, and whilst trying, the nicely scratched my centre console with the large metal rod. i was not best pleased.

all in all not a good day.

lets hope fedex get me my keys nice and early tomo

What did he say when he scratched your centre console did you sign anything first to say that doing this will cause any damage because i know with the aa if the patrol guy things that doing something will cause damage they will get you to sign a sheet to say that you agree with it.

Using the boot-only button on the key is always a risky business - I try to avoid using it and just unlock the whole car, then re-lock it when I'm finished.

Using the boot-only button on the key is always a risky business - I try to avoid using it and just unlock the whole car, then re-lock it when I'm finished.

Ditto.

What did he say when he scratched your centre console did you sign anything first to say that doing this will cause any damage because i know with the aa if the patrol guy things that doing something will cause damage they will get you to sign a sheet to say that you agree with it.

i did have to sign something saying they arnt liable for any damage, just a bit annoying thats all. received the spare key today, so all is resolved

i did have to sign something saying they arnt liable for any damage, just a bit annoying thats all. received the spare key today, so all is resolved

If you signed something then you can't take it further i would be annoyed meself mate but at least you got your spare key happy days. :)

I did the same on my old Focus.. went for a drive and to take the dog for a walk - came back to the car with the dog covered in mud so I popped the boot open and put him in, and promptly locked him and the keys in there :blink:

Had to walk back for the spare keys. Dog not happy :rolleyes: :D

My dad did it to his focus on Sunday, and was about 40 miles from home...but I was about 50!

So I had to get home, then get to him...and I got to him at 5:30, and had to get back to York to see Jimmy Carr at 8, I got home at 6:45!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club