• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Ford Model: 99 Focus 1.8TDdi LX/Ghia [AC] Estate

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Seats are much darker than they look on the pictures, the flash made them look very grey.

Here's a video of the car in it's previous state just after the crash, with brief look on the original [worn out] interior.

Since picking it up this morning, haven't had a chance to pay it much attention as I've been in work today. But from what I can see (and been told), they've done the following to the car since the crash:
- New gearbox.
- New clutch.
- Resprayed faded paintwork on wingmirrors.
- Repaired gove box latch.
- New wood effect dashboard fascia out of a Ghia model.
- New center console out of a Ghia model.
- New seats out of a Zetec model.
- New door linings out of a Zetec model.
- Body work completely put back to original state, with the addition of a Ghia bumper with chrome trim.

Very happy, like having a new car. :D
OH, and would you believe ... This is my 500th post! :lol:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

Area Rep: Northwest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk5
Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Seats are much darker than they look on the pictures, the flash made them look very grey.

Here's a video of the car in it's previous state just after the crash, with brief look on the original [worn out] interior.

Since picking it up this morning, haven't had a chance to pay it much attention as I've been in work today. But from what I can see (and been told), they've done the following to the car since the crash:
- New gearbox.
- New clutch.
- Resprayed faded paintwork on wingmirrors.
- Repaired gove box latch.
- New wood effect dashboard fascia out of a Ghia model.
- New center console out of a Ghia model.
- New seats out of a Zetec model.
- New door linings out of a Zetec model.
- Body work completely put back to original state, with the addition of a Ghia bumper with chrome trim.

Very happy, like having a new car. :D
OH, and would you believe ... This is my 500th post! :lol:

Looks good luke made up for yeh mate compared to the video inside looks brand new bet your made up being back on the road.

#3 Nug878

Nug878

Local Rep: Gwent

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Oh yes, the 5 minute drive home from work as opposed to the 30 minute walk home was very nice indeed! :lol:

#4 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

Oh yes, the 5 minute drive home from work as opposed to the 30 minute walk home was very nice indeed! :lol:

Bet is feels like a new car after all the work its had done 2 it.

#5 Nug878

Nug878

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

It really does actually. Showed a couple of mates today and they couldn't believe all the work it's had done. The interior especially being a huge improvement from the original. Lets put it this way, it's now a non-smoking car. :lol:

#6 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:30 PM

It really does actually. Showed a couple of mates today and they couldn't believe all the work it's had done. The interior especially being a huge improvement from the original. Lets put it this way, it's now a non-smoking car. :lol:

O yeh don't smoke in it mines a non smokeing car well ive one now and again but not all the time. :lol:

#7 bottletree

bottletree

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Name: Shane
  • Ford Model: C-max 2.0litre. Ghia EST. 2005
  • Year: 2005

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

You would have thought the insurance company would write the car off and give you the cash.Surely the repairs were very expensive? Which insurance are you with?

#8 bottletree

bottletree

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

Looking at the prices on what car for your model and year surely the repairs ran into the 2k mark or even higher?
Have a look

http://www.whatcar.c...&mileage=127000

#9 Nug878

Nug878

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:11 PM

It's a strange story really.

Basically I cancelled the claim and the insurance (Endsleigh) assumed I cancelled writing the car off too. So it wasn't formally written off.

So I supposedly scrapped the car. But last Friday I found the car on Auto Trader at a local dealership. At an asking price of 1,800. But I got the car for 1,200. Which really means I just payed for the repairs, and for the problems I had when I owned the car to be resolved... For a lot less money than it would've cost me to get it done. Since a quote I got to repair the car cosmetically only came to 900. From the only body shop in my area.

#10 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

It's a strange story really.

Basically I cancelled the claim and the insurance (Endsleigh) assumed I cancelled writing the car off too. So it wasn't formally written off.

So I supposedly scrapped the car. But last Friday I found the car on Auto Trader at a local dealership. At an asking price of £1,800. But I got the car for £1,200. Which really means I just payed for the repairs, and for the problems I had when I owned the car to be resolved... For a lot less money than it would've cost me to get it done. Since a quote I got to repair the car cosmetically only came to £900. From the only body shop in my area.

Jeez how did you get a third of the price of the car? Don't tell me, you promise the guy he could sleep with your sister. She will kill you when she finds out
:ph34r:

#11 Nug878

Nug878

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

Jeez how did you get a third of the price of the car? Don't tell me, you promise the guy he could sleep with your sister. She will kill you when she finds out
:ph34r:

Basically rang the dealership up saying I know full well that cars been in an accident and isn't worth that much money. I think he didn't want me taking it further since it's my old car so I layed my price down and he accepted.

#12 Nug878

Nug878

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

And truth be told it's been a !Removed! good car, that's why I took it back.

#13 bottletree

bottletree

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

Well its good to see us drivers coming out on top for a !Removed! change. Nice one. The car looks superb for its year. The estate is so practical for lugging stuff about. Wonder what mpg you're getting?

#14 Nug878

Nug878

• PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

Well its good to see us drivers coming out on top for a !Removed! change. Nice one. The car looks superb for its year. The estate is so practical for lugging stuff about. Wonder what mpg you're getting?

It's been through a lot. It had a new windscreen last year after a mate knocked the interior rear view mirror off and shattered the screen (he payed for that!). New bumper (first time round) after a Subaru Impreza clipped it in a car park. And obviously it's now been in an accident. But it's in great condition. And so practical, it's like a small van with the seats down flat. Brilliant car. Only failed the MOT in November due to the rear number plate had moisture beneath the layer so went black inside. So only £13 to pass it.

Ex company so FSH til 78k with a cambelt at that mileage. It was serviced myself last year at 106k. It's now on 127k, it'll have another service soon with a new cambelt soon after. Engine hasn't missed a beat. And now with a new clutch and gearbox hoping to maintain the engine so it'll make 200k. I've done a lot to keep it going so I'll keep it going til it really dies.

Mpg wise it'll get me on average 50mpg. I've had 550 miles out of one tank of diesel, which for the old type TDdi engine ... I believe to be pretty darn good. :lol:

#15 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

Quick question if its a 1.8tddi how come its got petrol clocks lol

Mike

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users