Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally Picked Up My Focus Today ...

Nug878

SDC11192.jpg

SDC11193.jpg

SDC11194.jpg

SDC11195.jpg

Seats are much darker than they look on the pictures, the flash made them look very grey.

Here's a video of the car in it's previous state just after the crash, with brief look on the original [worn out] interior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgwZLGkMa7Y

Since picking it up this morning, haven't had a chance to pay it much attention as I've been in work today. But from what I can see (and been told), they've done the following to the car since the crash:

- New gearbox.

- New clutch.

- Resprayed faded paintwork on wingmirrors.

- Repaired gove box latch.

- New wood effect dashboard fascia out of a Ghia model.

- New center console out of a Ghia model.

- New seats out of a Zetec model.

- New door linings out of a Zetec model.

- Body work completely put back to original state, with the addition of a Ghia bumper with chrome trim.

Very happy, like having a new car. :D

OH, and would you believe ... This is my 500th post! :lol:

SDC11192.jpg

SDC11193.jpg

SDC11194.jpg

SDC11195.jpg

Seats are much darker than they look on the pictures, the flash made them look very grey.

Here's a video of the car in it's previous state just after the crash, with brief look on the original [worn out] interior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgwZLGkMa7Y

Since picking it up this morning, haven't had a chance to pay it much attention as I've been in work today. But from what I can see (and been told), they've done the following to the car since the crash:

- New gearbox.

- New clutch.

- Resprayed faded paintwork on wingmirrors.

- Repaired gove box latch.

- New wood effect dashboard fascia out of a Ghia model.

- New center console out of a Ghia model.

- New seats out of a Zetec model.

- New door linings out of a Zetec model.

- Body work completely put back to original state, with the addition of a Ghia bumper with chrome trim.

Very happy, like having a new car. :D

OH, and would you believe ... This is my 500th post! :lol:

Looks good luke made up for yeh mate compared to the video inside looks brand new bet your made up being back on the road.

Oh yes, the 5 minute drive home from work as opposed to the 30 minute walk home was very nice indeed! :lol:

Oh yes, the 5 minute drive home from work as opposed to the 30 minute walk home was very nice indeed! :lol:

Bet is feels like a new car after all the work its had done 2 it.

It really does actually. Showed a couple of mates today and they couldn't believe all the work it's had done. The interior especially being a huge improvement from the original. Lets put it this way, it's now a non-smoking car. :lol:

It really does actually. Showed a couple of mates today and they couldn't believe all the work it's had done. The interior especially being a huge improvement from the original. Lets put it this way, it's now a non-smoking car. :lol:

O yeh don't smoke in it mines a non smokeing car well ive one now and again but not all the time. :lol:

You would have thought the insurance company would write the car off and give you the cash.Surely the repairs were very expensive? Which insurance are you with?

It's a strange story really.

Basically I cancelled the claim and the insurance (Endsleigh) assumed I cancelled writing the car off too. So it wasn't formally written off.

So I supposedly scrapped the car. But last Friday I found the car on Auto Trader at a local dealership. At an asking price of £1,800. But I got the car for £1,200. Which really means I just payed for the repairs, and for the problems I had when I owned the car to be resolved... For a lot less money than it would've cost me to get it done. Since a quote I got to repair the car cosmetically only came to £900. From the only body shop in my area.

It's a strange story really.

Basically I cancelled the claim and the insurance (Endsleigh) assumed I cancelled writing the car off too. So it wasn't formally written off.

So I supposedly scrapped the car. But last Friday I found the car on Auto Trader at a local dealership. At an asking price of £1,800. But I got the car for £1,200. Which really means I just payed for the repairs, and for the problems I had when I owned the car to be resolved... For a lot less money than it would've cost me to get it done. Since a quote I got to repair the car cosmetically only came to £900. From the only body shop in my area.

Jeez how did you get a third of the price of the car? Don't tell me, you promise the guy he could sleep with your sister. She will kill you when she finds out

:ph34r:

Jeez how did you get a third of the price of the car? Don't tell me, you promise the guy he could sleep with your sister. She will kill you when she finds out

:ph34r:

Basically rang the dealership up saying I know full well that cars been in an accident and isn't worth that much money. I think he didn't want me taking it further since it's my old car so I layed my price down and he accepted.

And truth be told it's been a !Removed! good car, that's why I took it back.

Well its good to see us drivers coming out on top for a !Removed! change. Nice one. The car looks superb for its year. The estate is so practical for lugging stuff about. Wonder what mpg you're getting?

Well its good to see us drivers coming out on top for a !Removed! change. Nice one. The car looks superb for its year. The estate is so practical for lugging stuff about. Wonder what mpg you're getting?

It's been through a lot. It had a new windscreen last year after a mate knocked the interior rear view mirror off and shattered the screen (he payed for that!). New bumper (first time round) after a Subaru Impreza clipped it in a car park. And obviously it's now been in an accident. But it's in great condition. And so practical, it's like a small van with the seats down flat. Brilliant car. Only failed the MOT in November due to the rear number plate had moisture beneath the layer so went black inside. So only £13 to pass it.

Ex company so FSH til 78k with a cambelt at that mileage. It was serviced myself last year at 106k. It's now on 127k, it'll have another service soon with a new cambelt soon after. Engine hasn't missed a beat. And now with a new clutch and gearbox hoping to maintain the engine so it'll make 200k. I've done a lot to keep it going so I'll keep it going til it really dies.

Mpg wise it'll get me on average 50mpg. I've had 550 miles out of one tank of diesel, which for the old type TDdi engine ... I believe to be pretty darn good. :lol:

Quick question if its a 1.8tddi how come its got petrol clocks lol

Mike

Good on you, and to be honest [which it was obvious the dealer would not have been with any prospective purchaser, about it being a motor resurrected from the scrap yard] On the video it looked to be bumper and front off side wing panel damage. Not the car chassis proper.

Just shows though, how dishonest these dealers can be.

Haven't got a clue. Didn't know the difference really. I know the TDCi's had different clocks. But being a TDdi LX I assumed it just had the boggo type clocks. :huh:

Haven't got a clue. Didn't know the difference really. I know the TDCi's had different clocks. But being a TDdi LX I assumed it just had the boggo type clocks. :huh:

The only ones ive seen in a diesel focus have only gone uptop about 5k for example and they have a redline on where as the pecky ones dont then again if they work whats the diff lol anyway glad to see youve got the focus back ive been following your post in the fiesta forum about it! made me laff lol.

Mike

It's been through a lot. It had a new windscreen last year after a mate knocked the interior rear view mirror off and shattered the screen

I did that in a Rover SDI that I had. Now that was a great car, what a turning circle it had.

The seats, yes they are a lot darker than they look in the photo. I had them in my 1999 Focus 1.8 Zetec. The fabric used in the Mk2 that I have is crap compared to the fabric used in the Mk1, it fades like !Removed!

We got £2,200 from the insurance when the 1.8 got wrote off 30th December 2008

Good on you, and to be honest [which it was obvious the dealer would not have been with any prospective purchaser, about it being a motor resurrected from the scrap yard] On the video it looked to be bumper and front off side wing panel damage. Not the car chassis proper.

Just shows though, how dishonest these dealers can be.

Yep, damage was mostly cosmetic. Driver's side wheel was knocked completely out of track as when I drove it home (5 miles away) after the accident the car pulled to the left even though the steering wheel pointed to the right. And was some very slight damage to the corner of impact bar behind the bumper which can be seen on the video.

But I sold the car to the dismantling company on the understanding it was being broken up for spares. Which I also wrote on the reciept. So to see it on Auto Trader 3 months later was a shock to say the least!

I did that in a Rover SDI that I had. Now that was a great car, what a turning circle it had.

The seats, yes they are a lot darker than they look in the photo. I had them in my 1999 Focus 1.8 Zetec. The fabric used in the Mk2 that I have is crap compared to the fabric used in the Mk1, it fades like !Removed!

The seats are fantastic. I was shown pictures of the state they were in before they were put in the car. Pretty bad. So they were steam cleaned and they were restored. They now look mint, and are 100 times better than the LX ones I had before.

Shows the guy really went out of his way to try and get a profit with this one. :lol:

The only ones ive seen in a diesel focus have only gone uptop about 5k for example and they have a redline on where as the pecky ones dont then again if they work whats the diff lol anyway glad to see youve got the focus back ive been following your post in the fiesta forum about it! made me laff lol.

Mike

The early TDDi had the clocks with the higher rev counters, despite not being able to get remotely close to them! Was revised later on I believe.

The early TDDi had the clocks with the higher rev counters, despite not being able to get remotely close to them! Was revised later on I believe.

That explains it then. Yes your right, the TDdi won't even reach 5,000rpm lol. Very low revving engine.

That explains it then. Yes your right, the TDdi won't even reach 5,000rpm lol. Very low revving engine.

It most likely struggles after 3.5k like mine too then :)

It most likely struggles after 3.5k like mine too then :)

Yep, doesn't like being in 4th whilst doing 30mph either. But still love the thing. :lol: