Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally Picked Up My Focus Today ...

Nug878

Yep, doesn't like being in 4th whilst doing 30mph either. But still love the thing. :lol:

Really? I can do 30 mph in 5th gear with mine, so long as the road is relatively flat!

Really? I can do 30 mph in 5th gear with mine, so long as the road is relatively flat!

Yup. It's such a low revving engine I tend to use the lower gears a lot more. Normally use 3rd to go 30mph which is comfortable for the engine, doesn't struggle and keeps the revs relatively low. And on the motorway earlier going through road works which were restricted to 50mph I found on some inclines I had to go into 4th.

Even at 70mph in 5th the car is only doing about 2,200rpm. It took a bit of getting used to at first. :lol:

And don't forget, you've got a TDCi, which is a much more refined and capable engine compared to the TDdi. :)

Yup. It's such a low revving engine I tend to use the lower gears a lot more. Normally use 3rd to go 30mph which is comfortable for the engine, doesn't struggle and keeps the revs relatively low. And on the motorway earlier going through road works which were restricted to 50mph I found on some inclines I had to go into 4th.

Even at 70mph in 5th the car is only doing about 2,200rpm. It took a bit of getting used to at first. :lol:

And don't forget, you've got a TDCi, which is a much more refined and capable engine compared to the TDdi. :)

Yeah, mine is around 2200rpm at 70mph too :)

Yep, damage was mostly cosmetic. Driver's side wheel was knocked completely out of track as when I drove it home (5 miles away) after the accident the car pulled to the left even though the steering wheel pointed to the right. And was some very slight damage to the corner of impact bar behind the bumper which can be seen on the video.

But I sold the car to the dismantling company on the understanding it was being broken up for spares. Which I also wrote on the reciept. So to see it on Auto Trader 3 months later was a shock to say the least!

was the mileage the same when you bought it back. I suppose being a digital read out changing the instrument cluster will make no difference.

was the mileage the same when you bought it back. I suppose being a digital read out changing the instrument cluster will make no difference.

It's had about 30 miles added on to the mileage I first left it ... And the dealsership is about 25 miles away sooo. :)

Very nice! Looks in very good nick now, i want a diesel :( :(

Don't go deserting us again now!!! :lol:

Quick question if its a 1.8tddi how come its got petrol clocks lol

Mike

Whats the visible difference between petrol and diesel clocks?

Whats the visible difference between petrol and diesel clocks?

The petrol clocks have a longer rev counter than the diesels.