• FOC Supporters
  • 970 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: 2013 Focus Titanium X 1.6TDCI 115BHP
  • Year: 2013

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

Hello

I would like my fiesta remapped.

Who offers the best remap results i know it wont be much compared to one of the tdci engines but anything is a bonus

My engine is the 1.4 96ps sigma engine

Jamie

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Jack_P

Jack_P

Local Rep: Northamptonshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

Im quite sure that only a few companies like pumaspeed/pumabuild/montune have access to get into the ECU. Fiesta engines like ours are heavily encrypted and are a bit of a pain to get into unfortunatly :( so whatever you go for wont be cheap!

#3 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

It's also going to get you naff-all in terms of gains. You'd be better off with a new panel filter etc.

#4 Dave-2912

Dave-2912

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Mk7.5 Fiesta ZS

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:22 AM

I feel compelled to ask, why didnt you get the 1.6 if you wanted a more powerful car?

#5 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:07 AM

I feel compelled to ask, why didnt you get the 1.6 if you wanted a more powerful car?

Insurance premiums I bet.

#6 Dave-2912

Dave-2912

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Mk7.5 Fiesta ZS

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

Insurance premiums I bet.

That being the case, it was a false economy.
Any remap MUST be declared to your insurance company or your policy is worthless.
A 1.4 with a remap will probably end up more expensive to insure than a 1.6.

#7 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

That being the case, it was a false economy.
Any remap MUST be declared to your insurance company or your policy is worthless.
A 1.4 with a remap will probably end up more expensive to insure than a 1.6.

Absolutely no doubt about it.

But plenty of people have no intention of ever declaring it, even though it's totally wrong and invalidates insurance. I know more than just a few people who don't declare maps/boxes as mods.

#8 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:20 PM

A remap on a 1.4. It's slow as standard, it will be slow with a remap, total waste of money.

#9 robbieguy2003

robbieguy2003

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 09

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

I personally wish i'd gone for the 1.6 instead of the 1.4 - it's not slow but at time would be nice to have a little extra poke.

It was more about not really wanting a performance car, if i did then it wouldn't be a Fiesta as they currently dont make a performance car.

#10 AndrewL

AndrewL

Local Rep: Warwickshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

Lets face it, neither the 1.4 or the 1.6 are rocketships. I test drove the 1.4 and it didn't feel that slow, would be good if you could get it up 10 bhp or something like that, there are also potential gains in economy too. Whilst browsing the other day I came across this place, http://www.rapidremap.co.uk/ . Have no personal experience of them but they were mentioned on other forums and some of their customers seemed very happy with the outcome. Not sure how remappable the 1.4 is though and it's bad for warranty and insurance.

#11 james_60

james_60

• FOC Supporters
  • 970 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: 2013 Focus Titanium X 1.6TDCI 115BHP

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

Hi

My car was already built and in the ford holding centre in belgium so unless i wanted to wait two months more for the 1.6 i should choose the already built 1.4 titanium with bluetooth and usb for a saving of 4 thousand pounds.

Insurance premiums do not worry me iam 24 with full protected no claims.

All i can say is yes i will definetly choose the 1.6 ti vct engine in 17 month's time.

From my experience the 1.4 96ps engine is not slow. If you want slow try driving the 1.2 60ps car.

Jamie

#12 mark t

mark t

Local Rep: Yorkshire

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi
  • Year: 2014

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

We have a company on our estate at work that apparently can do it, but got to go see them yet!Bluechip

On the subject of insurance, they don't know I changed the wheels, added the second rear fog light (might do good!) and have the big boys zs spoiler!

#13 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:59 AM

Hi

My car was already built and in the ford holding centre in belgium so unless i wanted to wait two months more for the 1.6 i should choose the already built 1.4 titanium with bluetooth and usb for a saving of 4 thousand pounds.

Insurance premiums do not worry me iam 24 with full protected no claims.

All i can say is yes i will definetly choose the 1.6 ti vct engine in 17 month's time.

From my experience the 1.4 96ps engine is not slow. If you want slow try driving the 1.2 60ps car.

Jamie

From my experience, the 1.4 is slow, the 1.25 is slower. It's like saying Chris Moyles isn't fat because Peter Kay is fatter. In reality they are both fat, same goes for the Fiesta.

#14 robbieguy2003

robbieguy2003

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 09

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

As far as a 1.4 goes, i think it's quite quick - for a 1.4, but you can't hide the fact it is a 1.4

Still, I dont mind it, I can sit at non license loosing speeds in relative comfort with some poke when needed, it does what I need.

And Keith on the subject of Peter Kay vs Moyles - yep, a 1.4 is a 1.4, but if anyone buys a Fiesta for performance it's pointless - the Zetec S looks like a performance car and is cheap to insure, so makes sense for younger drivers.

Meh, I still dont care as I've got something that'll waste the majority of supercars in a straightline.

#15 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

As far as a 1.4 goes, i think it's quite quick - for a 1.4, but you can't hide the fact it is a 1.4

Still, I dont mind it, I can sit at non license loosing speeds in relative comfort with some poke when needed, it does what I need.

And Keith on the subject of Peter Kay vs Moyles - yep, a 1.4 is a 1.4, but if anyone buys a Fiesta for performance it's pointless - the Zetec S looks like a performance car and is cheap to insure, so makes sense for younger drivers.

Meh, I still dont care as I've got something that'll waste the majority of supercars in a straightline.

Not doubting that for one minute, but some of the stuff I read on here is unbelievable at times.

It's all relative, most on here have never driven a fast car so they wouldn't know what's fast and what's not, so when I hear people say the 1.4 is quick, I giggle, then they are going on about chipping a 1.4 petrol FFS or taking the spare out of the boot for less weight. Honestly, the mind boggles. Christ, even the sporty 1.6 isn't quick, in fact for a new 1.6 engine these days in a car of it's class, it's relatively slow.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users