Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Offers The Best Remap Results For The Current 1.4 Petrol Engine

james_60

Hello

I would like my fiesta remapped.

Who offers the best remap results i know it wont be much compared to one of the tdci engines but anything is a bonus

My engine is the 1.4 96ps sigma engine

Jamie

Im quite sure that only a few companies like pumaspeed/pumabuild/montune have access to get into the ECU. Fiesta engines like ours are heavily encrypted and are a bit of a pain to get into unfortunatly :( so whatever you go for wont be cheap!

It's also going to get you naff-all in terms of gains. You'd be better off with a new panel filter etc.

I feel compelled to ask, why didnt you get the 1.6 if you wanted a more powerful car?

I feel compelled to ask, why didnt you get the 1.6 if you wanted a more powerful car?

Insurance premiums I bet.

Insurance premiums I bet.

That being the case, it was a false economy.

Any remap MUST be declared to your insurance company or your policy is worthless.

A 1.4 with a remap will probably end up more expensive to insure than a 1.6.

That being the case, it was a false economy.

Any remap MUST be declared to your insurance company or your policy is worthless.

A 1.4 with a remap will probably end up more expensive to insure than a 1.6.

Absolutely no doubt about it.

But plenty of people have no intention of ever declaring it, even though it's totally wrong and invalidates insurance. I know more than just a few people who don't declare maps/boxes as mods.

A remap on a 1.4. It's slow as standard, it will be slow with a remap, total waste of money.

I personally wish i'd gone for the 1.6 instead of the 1.4 - it's not slow but at time would be nice to have a little extra poke.

It was more about not really wanting a performance car, if i did then it wouldn't be a Fiesta as they currently dont make a performance car.

Lets face it, neither the 1.4 or the 1.6 are rocketships. I test drove the 1.4 and it didn't feel that slow, would be good if you could get it up 10 bhp or something like that, there are also potential gains in economy too. Whilst browsing the other day I came across this place, http://www.rapidremap.co.uk/ . Have no personal experience of them but they were mentioned on other forums and some of their customers seemed very happy with the outcome. Not sure how remappable the 1.4 is though and it's bad for warranty and insurance.

Hi

My car was already built and in the ford holding centre in belgium so unless i wanted to wait two months more for the 1.6 i should choose the already built 1.4 titanium with bluetooth and usb for a saving of 4 thousand pounds.

Insurance premiums do not worry me iam 24 with full protected no claims.

All i can say is yes i will definetly choose the 1.6 ti vct engine in 17 month's time.

From my experience the 1.4 96ps engine is not slow. If you want slow try driving the 1.2 60ps car.

Jamie

We have a company on our estate at work that apparently can do it, but got to go see them yet!Bluechip

On the subject of insurance, they don't know I changed the wheels, added the second rear fog light (might do good!) and have the big boys zs spoiler!

Hi

My car was already built and in the ford holding centre in belgium so unless i wanted to wait two months more for the 1.6 i should choose the already built 1.4 titanium with bluetooth and usb for a saving of 4 thousand pounds.

Insurance premiums do not worry me iam 24 with full protected no claims.

All i can say is yes i will definetly choose the 1.6 ti vct engine in 17 month's time.

From my experience the 1.4 96ps engine is not slow. If you want slow try driving the 1.2 60ps car.

Jamie

From my experience, the 1.4 is slow, the 1.25 is slower. It's like saying Chris Moyles isn't fat because Peter Kay is fatter. In reality they are both fat, same goes for the Fiesta.

As far as a 1.4 goes, i think it's quite quick - for a 1.4, but you can't hide the fact it is a 1.4

Still, I dont mind it, I can sit at non license loosing speeds in relative comfort with some poke when needed, it does what I need.

And Keith on the subject of Peter Kay vs Moyles - yep, a 1.4 is a 1.4, but if anyone buys a Fiesta for performance it's pointless - the Zetec S looks like a performance car and is cheap to insure, so makes sense for younger drivers.

Meh, I still dont care as I've got something that'll waste the majority of supercars in a straightline.

As far as a 1.4 goes, i think it's quite quick - for a 1.4, but you can't hide the fact it is a 1.4

Still, I dont mind it, I can sit at non license loosing speeds in relative comfort with some poke when needed, it does what I need.

And Keith on the subject of Peter Kay vs Moyles - yep, a 1.4 is a 1.4, but if anyone buys a Fiesta for performance it's pointless - the Zetec S looks like a performance car and is cheap to insure, so makes sense for younger drivers.

Meh, I still dont care as I've got something that'll waste the majority of supercars in a straightline.

Not doubting that for one minute, but some of the stuff I read on here is unbelievable at times.

It's all relative, most on here have never driven a fast car so they wouldn't know what's fast and what's not, so when I hear people say the 1.4 is quick, I giggle, then they are going on about chipping a 1.4 petrol FFS or taking the spare out of the boot for less weight. Honestly, the mind boggles. Christ, even the sporty 1.6 isn't quick, in fact for a new 1.6 engine these days in a car of it's class, it's relatively slow.

I asked what gains i would get and i end up causing an argument.

I asked what gains i would get and i end up causing an argument.

That's an easy answer, none that would be worthwhile.

sorry but do you ever seem to give a nice answer?! haha i do admit if you get a 1.4 its quicker than mine but still you aint got a beast have you so just enjoy it for what it is... i like mine think its fun to drive but just lacks abit of power

Ask around a few companies- just email them about it. usually on N/A small engined cars its around 7-10% so at best will go from 96 to 105ish.

Its not alot for a few hundered quid, your have to think about the what if ford manage to find it( Say your ecu gets damaged by a bad remap) or your insurance and its not declared(not likley but still a what if)

Mapping the 1.6 is worth more, but theres not alot of people out there that have done(apart from montuned ones but there map cant be adding alot as it adds 20 with the exhaust and manifold aswell) and I wouldnt want to for a while once i get mine, would like to see results of other peoples.

But some companies ive asked around can get it up around 18bhp extra, not far off montunes performance, for a few hundered quid compared to 1400. But again you have the same reliability and insurance issues.

Edit- Your Sig picutre looks ace- the fiesta looks good sitting next to that jag Nico, and thats saying something about the styling of them!

Edit- Your Sig picutre looks ace- the fiesta looks good sitting next to that jag Nico, and thats saying something about the styling of them!

thats what i thought !

sorry but do you ever seem to give a nice answer?

Just honest ones, whether they be nice or not is immaterial and not much point in saying things just to be nice, is it. That'll get nobody anywhere.

! haha i do admit if you get a 1.4 its quicker than mine but still you aint got a beast have you so just enjoy it for what it is... i like mine think its fun to drive but just lacks abit of power

Exactly, it is what it is and isn't going to be any different by spending around £300 for someone to alter the mapping. Unfortunately (well that's a matter of opinion), young people can't afford to insure quick cars these days, so people should be happy with what they have and wait till they can afford something a bit quicker further along the line. The imaptience of youth I think it's called.

When i got my fiesta it FELT quick, only because i had gone from a 1L powerhouse of pain vw polo and it provided that extra Poke.

But the 1.4 Isnt quick, tbh it still suits me and i still enjoy it, so thats all that matters :)

If you want to get it chipped get it chipped its your choice, but it may not weigh up enough with the ratio of Power Gain: Cost.

Jack

When i got my fiesta it FELT quick, only because i had gone from a 1L powerhouse of pain vw polo and it provided that extra Poke.

But the 1.4 Isnt quick, tbh it still suits me and i still enjoy it, so thats all that matters :)

If you want to get it chipped get it chipped its your choice, but it may not weigh up enough with the ratio of Power Gain: Cost.

Jack

It's all in the mind :)

For me, going from MKIV 1.25 Fiesta to Focus ST170 was definitely a big step up and it was a reasonably nippy car. It felt fast to me (the ST225 felt FAR quicker), and that's all that mattered. I know it wasn't that fast in the grand scheme of things though.

Personally, a fast car is one thing, but I'd MUCH prefer a car that corners well than goes fast when I put my foot down - anyone can make a car go faster, but it takes a lot more effort to make one that handles well.

It also requires more skill from the driver to corner well than just drive in a straight line too. Combined, a car can be great fun, but it's the sort of thing that should be left on the track as hardly any roads in Britain are suitable for spirited driving these days. Or are clogged by clampets with caravans (I despise caravans).

No surprises then, that the Fiesta handles best in its class by a country mile, eh? The ST170 was also extremely agile and was punching well above its weight in the corners for sure.

agree with the last bit... test drove a few cars and the fiesta left them all standing, even my dad said that..

but to be honest i know i have a 1.25 which is only a beast when you compare it too a knitting machine, but i enjoy it, feels quick and sporty so keeps me happy!

agree with the last bit... test drove a few cars and the fiesta left them all standing, even my dad said that..

but to be honest i know i have a 1.25 which is only a beast when you compare it too a knitting machine, but i enjoy it, feels quick and sporty so keeps me happy!

People do tend to worry too much about what toys someone else is playing with, rather than getting on and enjoying their own. My dad conceded defeat that even the MKIV Fiesta handled brilliantly and I've no doubt it's still better than some small cars today, which for a 1996 release is impressive.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club