2 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Wexford

Bill Wexford

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk IV 1.3 1998

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:59 PM

Hi,
I'm thinking of replacing the radio/cassette unit in my 1998 Ford Fiesta with something contemporary. I am wondering about radio codes. This is because a year or so ago the battery was stolen(!) from the car. After I had replaced it, there was no subsequent problem with the radio 'locking' or anything like that.

I bought the vehicle second hand, and do not know what the radio code is, if it indeed exists. I am a bit concerned that on buying and fitting a new unit, I may find (unlike when replacing the battery), that I will be asked for a code.

Do all 1998 Ford Fiestas have radio codes and will I need one if I replace the current unit? And, if so, does anyone have any thoughts about why I didn't need one to reset the radio after I replaced the battery?

Thanks.

Bill

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

on some radios the locking code function can be switch off or on which might be the case with your radio, a new radio will only need a code if its a ford radio,but it should come with the required code. most after market radios do not need a code.

#3 Bill Wexford

Bill Wexford

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk IV 1.3 1998

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

most after market radios do not need a code.

Great, thanks for that Mintalkin - information much appreciated. Bill

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users