6 replies to this topic

#1 totzo

totzo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: 53 focus tdci 1.8 zetec
Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

Hi there,

just noticed that both of my dipped lights are out (53 reg 18. tdci). The main beam and side lights are all ok, wondering what to check first as I'm thinking the bulbs are unlikely to have both blown at once. Is it more likely to be a relay? Had a quick look at the fuses in the engine bay and they all look ok (think this is where the light fuses are :P).

Don't want to buy new bulbs if I don't need them!!!

Any help much appreciated :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 cressws1

cressws1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8
  • Year: 1999

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

If the bulbs were both fitted together there's every chance they could both have failed within a similiar space of time. Probably best to work from the cheapest upwards on this one so fuses, Then bulbs etc first.

#3 totzo

totzo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

If the bulbs were both fitted together there's every chance they could both have failed within a similiar space of time. Probably best to work from the cheapest upwards on this one so fuses, Then bulbs etc first.

thanks for the suggestion- I read somewhere that the surge from one bulb blowing can do the other one too, so I'll just start with the bulbs and fuses as you suggest.

#4 alz

alz

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

thanks for the suggestion- I read somewhere that the surge from one bulb blowing can do the other one too, so I'll just start with the bulbs and fuses as you suggest.

Should be two fuses 15amp one per dipped beam. the side/tail lights should be two 7.5 amp.

#5 totzo

totzo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:05 AM

Should be two fuses 15amp one per dipped beam. the side/tail lights should be two 7.5 amp.

Haha check the fuses- both fine, so I went to halfrauds and opted for the fitting (said they wd do both bulbs for 5.99)

Ended up doing half the job myself coz the guy couldn't figure out how to get the cover back on the drivers side.

Anyway- turns out both bulbs had blown at once. :)

#6 CAR PARTS EXPRESS

CAR PARTS EXPRESS

Authorised Trader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

Nice one!!!

#7 kiwi

kiwi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 06

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

I had the same problem with my car, both bulbs had gone at the front. I was told its not a easy job to do lol but took it to Halfords and it took them 10 minutes! 29.00 for bulbs and to fit it.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users