bottletree

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Name: Shane
  • Ford Model: C-max 2.0litre. Ghia EST. 2005
  • Year: 2005

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

Should the air con come on automatic when i switch the engine on? In other cars i owned i pressed the air con button to come on, but in this car i have to press the switch off. Surely it should be in the off position until I decide I want the air con?? :huh:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 top banana

top banana

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 2011 in Mars Red
Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

Should the air con come on automatic when i switch the engine on? In other cars i owned i pressed the air con button to come on, but in this car i have to press the switch off. Surely it should be in the off position until I decide I want the air con?? :huh:

Mine only comes on automatically from starting engine if blowers are set to windscreen only. Otherwise I have to manually switch air con on.
Hope this helps for you.

#3 bottletree

bottletree

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Name: Shane
  • Ford Model: C-max 2.0litre. Ghia EST. 2005
  • Year: 2005

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

I always have the blower on the windscreen one. I will try a different setting and see if it stays off.Cheers for that.

#4 Neil Layton

Neil Layton

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

Hi, newer models of ford focus, you cannot turn the air con off automatically, it is built in to the software, asked several Ford garages and all have said it cannot be turned off.

#5 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,961 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, I find on my 55 ZC, the air con comes on if the temperature is set to cold, and, the blower is on blower one or more. don't think it comes on if its on warm.

#6 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,929 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

Yeah, I find on my 55 ZC, the air con comes on if the temperature is set to cold, and, the blower is on blower one or more. don't think it comes on if its on warm.

souns like its normal to me you just have to adjust the dial as said you may also notice that when you start the aircon it blows through the footwell vents first regardless of the setting at least my old vw did this is to prevent any condensation from the vents being blasted into youre face or onto the window

#7 mattie2k10

mattie2k10

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: 2006 Ford Focus 1.6tdci

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

Fords have a system called quick clear, if the blowers are set to the windscreen then it will automatically turn on, if you turn the blowers to your face and turn the aircon off, when you turn it back to the windscreen the aircon will automatically turn back on, hope this helps. Matt

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users