Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Frozen White Mk7 Zetec S With Stoffler Rear Diffuser

rocky1722

Stephen,

Been looking at this again today and i must say i think i could go the route of having mine painted Black.As you know since i had mine done the white shows all the soot marks and when running hot slight scorch marks. we shall see.

Yours looks well though i must say.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rocky1722

• beatty36

• Nico.

• RS_Rab

Looks stunning mate, yours and limbos. What problems did you have getting the stoffler diffuser on? i think i remember you saying that it wasn't looking good at one stage for getting it fitted.

:)

Stephen,

Been looking at this again today and i must say i think i could go the route of having mine painted Black.As you know since i had mine done the white shows all the soot marks and when running hot slight scorch marks. we shall see.

I had fancied the gloss black from the start due to the Focus RS look (hopefully my next car :D ) although I do like the white also however it's a shame that you've got the scorch marks. Hopefully the black shouldn't show so much if it happens to mine also.

Noticed his morning when I got home my passengers side exit had hot gases coming out and the drivers side was considerably cooler gases coming out :( I thought they would've been the same.

Looks stunning mate, yours and limbos. What problems did you have getting the stoffler diffuser on? i think i remember you saying that it wasn't looking good at one stage for getting it fitted.

My initial problems were as the original rear diffuser on a Zetec S is clipped in all around to the rear bumper, the Stoffler one only bonds on. We initially thought it should bond onto the ZS diffuser that's already on but found out by trying up against it this was definately not the case.

Then my sprayer mentioned he'd worked on a base model Fiesta and their rear diffusers are smooth with no fins. Thought the Stoffler one would then bond onto that type. Queried it but never got a definate reply back.

Fortunately found limbo had already fitted one to his ZS and it came to light that the ZS diffuser AND lower rear skirts have to be removed for the Stoffler part to fit on.

The problem then being that the lower outer curves of the Stoffler part don't cover the 6 holes left on each side of the bumper where the ZS lower rear skirts were attached.

DSC05116b.jpg

This means you've to fill the x12 holes and respray the whole rear bumper as well as painting the Stoffler part.

It's just extra hassle and cost for what I initially thought would be a straightforward replacement part.

A bit long winded but hopefully that explains it. ;)

My initial problems were as the original rear diffuser on a Zetec S is clipped in all around to the rear bumper, the Stoffler one only bonds on. We initially thought it should bond onto the ZS diffuser that's already on but found out by trying up against it this was definately not the case.

Then my sprayer mentioned he'd worked on a base model Fiesta and their rear diffusers are smooth with no fins. Thought the Stoffler one would then bond onto that type. Queried it but never got a definate reply back.

Fortunately found limbo had already fitted one to his ZS and it came to light that the ZS diffuser AND lower rear skirts have to be removed for the Stoffler part to fit on.

The problem then being that the lower outer curves of the Stoffler part don't cover the 6 holes left on each side of the bumper where the ZS lower rear skirts were attached.

DSC05116b.jpg

This means you've to fill the x12 holes and respray the whole rear bumper as well as painting the Stoffler part.

It's just extra hassle and cost for what I initially thought would be a straightforward replacement part.

A bit long winded but hopefully that explains it. ;)

Nope, thats brilliant mate, i think i might try and get a standard bumper off a titanium or zetec however if i was going to try it. Might save a bit of money.

What about the towing eye though? on the back left side of the car?

Cheers :)

What about the towing eye though? on the back left side of the car?

Never really thought about the rear towing eye, I suppose that would be lost really as there's no removable part for access. :huh:

Now for the front, any plans??

Yes, I fancy some sort of splitter for the front, seen a couple I like but might hold off and see if someone brings out something different. ;)

o yeah, almost forgot to ask you. Did you manage to get a back box on both sides of the car or just the drivers side? because a lot of people have had this problem before. Also, i wouldn't worry about the towing eye, i wouldn't like to tow any one with my fezzer lol!

Did you manage to get a back box on both sides of the car or just the drivers side? because a lot of people have had this problem before.

There's only the one backbox located on the drivers side with the drivers side tailpipe exiting straight out of the backbox and the passengers tailpipe comes out of the back end of the box, along the back axle and round to the tailpipe. ;)

http://www.stoffler-autotechnik.de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=183

i kinda like the full stoffler kit... if i had a 3 door it would be the 1st thing i would do!

Don't like their front splitter, will probably choose another make.

Must say the diffuser looks good, but pretty damn expensive all in though!

Quite like the mudguards. Are they these?

Fleabay link

Again, not cheap, certainly compared to the official Ford mudguards which of course don't fit the ZS with the side skirts.

How well do they keep mud off the car? I find that the side skirts are a dirt trap when driving in the rain (like today :( )

And did you find them easy to fit?

Must say the diffuser looks good, but pretty damn expensive all in though!

Quite like the mudguards. Are they these?

Fleabay link

Again, not cheap, certainly compared to the official Ford mudguards which of course don't fit the ZS with the side skirts.

How well do they keep mud off the car? I find that the side skirts are a dirt trap when driving in the rain (like today :( )

And did you find them easy to fit?

Yes Andy, that's the mudflaps. I would say they keep the car cleaner, mind you I'm not one for leaving my car get that dirty. :D Main reason I wanted to fit those mudflaps were to try and stop any stonechips as I'm very maticulous about my car. I like them, also got them on my wife's Mondeo.

They're a wee bit tricky to fit as you need to drill the holes in the flaps etc for where you want them to fit, nothing too difficult though. ;)

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who left comments on my post, they're very much appreciated and makes it all worthwhile. ;)

Stephen.

• 1 year later...

Also had the washer jets colour coded white however I'm still not 100% sure if I should've done them. Think I should've left them black, well well I might grow to like them more come time. :)

DSC05118a.jpg

DSC05119.jpg

Hi, did you colour code the jets yourself or are they ford purchased etc?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed on pumaspeeds website that they are doing twin exit exhaust and the spoler kit, it says it fits over the original item? Anyone looked at this, sounds strange that it would fit perfect? Also what about my parking sensors, how would they then work.http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.jsp?productID=929

The diffuser that pumaspeed sell is the same Stoffler diffuser that OP installed, so instalation will be similar to what rocky went through. Milltek make an exhaust specifically for the diffuser which is available as part of a package.

It won't fit over the original Ford valance though. I think parking sensors would need to be relocated or most probably removed.

Ok thanks for that Mark,was looking to change mine from the mountune yellow colour scheme to the gloss black on all plastics mirrors etc, deff like that stoffler diffuser

Hi, did you colour code the jets yourself or are they ford purchased etc?

Thanks

Hi, sorry I haven't replied I haven't been on here for a while.

My washer jets were sprayed by a local sprayer I know.

I noticed on pumaspeeds website that they are doing twin exit exhaust and the spoler kit, it says it fits over the original item? Anyone looked at this, sounds strange that it would fit perfect? Also what about my parking sensors, how would they then work.http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.jsp?productID=929

Yes it's the same Stoffler diffuser as mine.

The standard Zetec S rear diffuser and rear bumper side skirt bits will be totally removed and the Stoffler diffuser is bonded to a lip on the original bumper. Holes are left when the rear bumper side skirts are removed. These will have to be filled and smoothed then the rear bumper repainted.

• 3 months later...

Am i right in thinking the diffuser has now been redesigned meaning it now covers the holes from the valance ?

From puma speed

This new model diffuser superceeds the earlier model unit that did not cover the small holes in the rear valance so therefore fit the Zetec S without the need to do extra bodyworks. For mail order this unit comes unpainted.

Am i right in thinking the diffuser has now been redesigned meaning it now covers the holes from the valance ?

From puma speed

Correct matey ;)

Yes, I just heard from someone this week that the new Stoffler rear diffuser covers the holes.

That will save a bit of work, no need to respray the whole rear bumper then. :)

Stephen.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club