Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Won't Lock?

Miffo

Hi,

My girlfriend has not long had a 1999 Ford Ka and when you try to lock it, it unlocks itself straight afterwards. I have researched this and it seems to be an extremely common problem that requires the wiring loom be replaced? I have noticed however that if you lock both doors from the inside at the same time it stays locked. Not very helpfull seen as you now can't get out but didn't know if that would help identify the problem.

Any help would be great, if it is the loom then how much would this be to replace and is it something that I can do myself or does it need to go to a garage? Cheers!

Hi,

My girlfriend has not long had a 1999 Ford Ka and when you try to lock it, it unlocks itself straight afterwards. I have researched this and it seems to be an extremely common problem that requires the wiring loom be replaced? I have noticed however that if you lock both doors from the inside at the same time it stays locked. Not very helpfull seen as you now can't get out but didn't know if that would help identify the problem.

Any help would be great, if it is the loom then how much would this be to replace and is it something that I can do myself or does it need to go to a garage? Cheers!

open the door now look at the side of the door where the lock mechanism is remove the bottom screw closest to the inside of the car get wd40 and with the straw attatched spray it inside the hole at a downwards anglle replace tyhe screw and give it a go the wires dont always need replaced it can be moisture that causes it

• 3 weeks later...

open the door now look at the side of the door where the lock mechanism is remove the bottom screw closest to the inside of the car get wd40 and with the straw attatched spray it inside the hole at a downwards anglle replace tyhe screw and give it a go the wires dont always need replaced it can be moisture that causes it

Mine does this. i was told that it was the locking motor on my passenger door? did you get the loop changed and did this work?

Thank you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club