Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry Replacement Fob

sidge

Has anyone had to purchase or enquired about a replacement fob for the keyless entry? I collected a Fiesta Titanium today and have been trying to find out how much a replacement fob would be should I lose it - not that I plan on losing it of course - just interested in the cost of them.

Thanks for any help.

Think they'd be as much as a standard one, as they work exactly the same, just don't have the key bit, so actually when I think about it, cheeper! Be aware, my battery died with in a year!

Think they'd be as much as a standard one, as they work exactly the same, just don't have the key bit, so actually when I think about it, cheeper!

I thought they would be more due to the proximity sensors, although I can see where you are coming from and if true not bad at all!

Be aware, my battery died with in a year!

I intend to have a spare battery at home, at work, in the car and possibly in my wallet as well ;)

Thanks for the reply

Well, the sensors are in the car, which find the key, it's just getting it coded to the car, and as you have titanium, you got the spare fob, don't lock it in the car as it will decode it!

I have spoken to two garages this morning to get quotes for the keys and they are as below:

Remote fobs were quoted at £75 in one garage and £95 in the other

Both garages quoted £80 for programming the key

I intend to have a spare battery at home, at work, in the car and possibly in my wallet as well ;)

If you can get the key open, I couldn't work it out, and took the dealer 10 minutes, and then asked if I wanted a battery in it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club