Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rusty Wheel Hub Carrier Mk7

shabazmo

My Mk 7 is almost a year old and last week I managed to puncture a tyre on a pot hole. When changing wheels I noticed that the hub carrier was rusting quite badly. Is this common, or am I worrying for no reason.

Regards

Chances are its just surface rust

Of course it is surface rust but its quite severe. My 12 year old Galaxy has less rust.

My Mk 7 is almost a year old and last week I managed to puncture a tyre on a pot hole. When changing wheels I noticed that the hub carrier was rusting quite badly. Is this common, or am I worrying for no reason.

Regards

When my (brand) new Mk7 was delivered there was already evidence of rust staining on the alloys around the hubs...!

Cured by removing the alloys & applying "Coparslip" to the hubs - no rust since. Will also prevent the alloys from corroding on to the hubs hence easy to remove if I have a puncture.

I have coated mine with Waxoyl anti rust product, but my conern is that over time these hubs could fail with disastorous consequenes if the rust continues to eat into the metal.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club