Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Software Crashes

wozza89

Hi,

Yesterday i received a phone call whilst driving, answered it as normal through the bluetooth, but i couldn't cancel the call or press any of the buttons on the dash. The other person had to put the phone down, and then the i still wasn't able to navigate through the dash board options, it had crashed on the phone symbol.

I pulled over, turned off the car and it still stayed on the dash screen and didn't turn off, at this point i turned my phones bluetooth off, this then turned the screen off. Started up the car again and it worked normal as it should.

It was working fine Friday, but yesterday it has started to go crazy.

Any thoughts?!

Does it need an update?

Cheeeeeeers

Hi

Had exactly the same prob a week or two ago. I was hitting everything to cancel the call it it was if it had frozen i could not even select aux or anything.

Had to turn the car off for a few mins to clear it.

Jamie

Hi

Had exactly the same prob a week or two ago. I was hitting everything to cancel the call it it was if it had frozen i could not even select aux or anything.

Had to turn the car off for a few mins to clear it.

Jamie

What did you do to fix it?

I had a problem with the USB port; the software was frozen on the USB option, I phoned ford took it in and all they did was disconnect the battery and reconnect it, basically a reset :lol:

I had a dealer put un update into my bluetooth / USB module last week to try and cure a similar problem.

My car was built in September 2009 - so I'd guess that any car older than that might well need the update, not sure about anything newer.

In the first case, try a hard reset by disconnecting the battery, but if the problem comes back, take it to a dealer.

Have not had it fixed yet but the car is going in on the 11th of april to have a few teething problems sorted out and thats one of them.

Jamie

Its proberly your phone thats causing the problem as the bluetooth unit in fords is nokia unit which isnt very good. I have a blackberry storm 2 and so far some of the problems i have have been not being able to answer call, the car ringing when there is no incoming call and the radio refusing to turn off. Ive connected my dads old Samsung and that does not have any problems but soon as i change to blackberry it starts again

Check you phone compatibility even if your phone is partially compatible you may still exp some of these problems and the dealer will most likly say they can find no fault as they did to me.

Hi

I have a nokia n95 8GB

Where do i check its compatability

Jamie

In the past few weeks, i've had 3 phones

Nokia 5600, that worked fine...

HTC Touch Diamond, that worked fine and even played a ringtone noise when it rang through the Speakers.

And now i;ve got the new Nokia X6 music, which did work fine until 3 days ago.

I'll try a battery reset first

So last night it got worse...

AUX and PHONE didn't work, it just wouldn't connect anything.

Come this morning everything worked...

Strange!!

i had the same problem,2 days after picking car up?

started car up the following morning and prob was solved, well strange!!

not happened since though so your not alone on this one. :)

This happens to me also, buts its almost definitely my phone.

When I connect my phone to the cars bluetooth, my phone instantly plays music with no audio (thinks the car is a speaker)

I stop the music but it will come back on the second I turn the headunit on and off.

The entire voice control system will freeze up every so often when doing operations related to the Phone. (The main one is "redial")

The Voice symbol will freeze on the screen and will only clear if you turn off the headunit. However the voice controls wont work for a good 20 minutes. After 20 minutes the voice systems comes back online with "CANCELLED"

I blame the phone (Samsung Soul / u900)

How to unfreeze:

Either wait it out (turn off both phone and car's bluetooth), or keep both car and phones bluetooth ON and get a mate to ring you. This brings the system back 99% of the time