Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrol

AdamC11

Hi Guys,

Just a quick qustion:

Where do you buy your petrol from for your fiesta?

The reason i ask, i got some supermarket petrol and i noticied the car struggling to pick up speed, so i then went to texaco and ive noticied a change in performance.

Anybody else noticied this?

Cheers

Haven't bought petrol from a supermarket for well over 10 years now and will never do again. There is a reason why it's cheap. Saying that, Tesco 99 is good, but it's hardly classed as supermarket fuel, it's one of only the 2 fuels (along with V Power) that I'll put in my car.

I stick to Shell, usually fork out the bit extra for v-power too as I have noticed it lasts longer in the car

I use tescos fuel.

A: I get clubcard points which gives me money off.

B: It's a 12 year old Fiesta, perhaps if i had something along the lines of KeithC's then i'd think about it more, but at the end of the day, it's a fiesta!

Hi Guys,

Just a quick qustion:

Where do you buy your petrol from for your fiesta?

The reason i ask, i got some supermarket petrol and i noticied the car struggling to pick up speed, so i then went to texaco and ive noticied a change in performance.

Anybody else noticied this?

Cheers

Recommend Shell V-Power! "Does what it says on the tin!"

Recommend Shell V-Power! "Does what it says on the tin!"

ive had the same with every car ive owned i only use Shell unleaded and nowt else the difference is noticeable supermarket stuff is cheap and has more cleaning fluid in it than anything else youll notice you get poorer mpg as well

i have noticed a difference with supermarkets compared too like Shell and bp... i did a 2 hour drive too nottingham the other week on BP petrol and a 2 hour drive back, and the rest of the tank lasted my college trips for the week then after i went asda because the BP or Shell is a while away and i had fill up 2 days earlier in the week than the BP stuff

I had a little thing somewhere when i got my car that said "Ford recommend BP" so i guess thats your best answer?

I get mine from anywhere tbh but when i fill up at college on a tuesday in leamington at sainsburrys im pretty sure that is fuel from BP

Ohh and if your wondering I tried about 5/6 fillups with V-Power when it was "cheap" and only made a slight difference in acceleration when you went over 70, ofc i would never go over as thats naughty :P. And the mpg hardly changed also

My car seems to like sainsburys petrol more than tesco. If i ran it on morrisons petrol it would not run as smooth.

The best results are when i use Shell v power or bp ultimate.

Jamie

I thought all basic unleaded was the same? Shows how much I know. So why are some fuels better/worse?

I had a little thing somewhere when i got my car that said "Ford recommend BP" so i guess thats your best answer?

I get mine from anywhere tbh but when i fill up at college on a tuesday in leamington at sainsburrys im pretty sure that is fuel from BP

Ohh and if your wondering I tried about 5/6 fillups with V-Power when it was "cheap" and only made a slight difference in acceleration when you went over 70, ofc i would never go over as thats naughty :P. And the mpg hardly changed also

That's my cars local watering hole!

I reckon it's just a placebo effect to be honest. Never noticed any gains in fuel economy or performance between Sainsburys boggo, V-Power or Tesco 99 RON. Saying that, some of my friends swear by premium fuel.

I have that written on my filler cap :lol:

I've tried all sorts, especially in the ST170. Not a single difference from using v-power/equivalent against normal RON and the same too for supermarket or non-supermarket - all fuels were equally as good as the next. I've now driven 80k miles to date in life and not noticed any difference in any fuel :) I guess some cars are picky?

Hmm this has made me think twice about using supermarket diesel (especially after that Tesco petrol fiasco the other year)

Looks like I'll be using Jet from now on (my local), but saying that there are about 10 service stations closer to me than a supermarket with a fuel pump...

Placebo effect probably does happen! This is coming from someone who admittedly doesn't know alot about this subject, but I can understand how these more expensive fuels on high performance cars like BMW M's, Porcshes etc.

But for a Fiesta?? I'm not sure. I understand how it contains less ikky bits but plenty of cars run perfectly well on boggo fuel!

I might try some Taste the Difference fuel one day to try and contradict myself.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club