Jez

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Name: Jeremy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Edge
  • Year: 2010

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

According to this thread, all Fords should come with a HD digital radio. I bought a new Fiesta, which was built in 2009 or 2010 (certainly very recent), and... um.... the radio isn't digital. It only picks up analogue FM and AM. What gives?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Knight Focus

Knight Focus

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Ford Model: 2004 Focus LX 1.8

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

I think by Nationwide, they mean America.

Why do we need to get rid of FM anyway? It aint broke, why bin it?

Mike

#3 AntonyJ

AntonyJ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium X 5dr

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

According to this thread, all Fords should come with a HD digital radio. I bought a new Fiesta, which was built in 2009 or 2010 (certainly very recent), and... um.... the radio isn't digital. It only picks up analogue FM and AM. What gives?

HD Radio is the US only system for broadcasting digital alongside analogue. It's much better quality and cheaper to implement than the huge !Removed!-up that is DAB.

BTW it doesn't stand for High-Definition, but "Hybrid Digital" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_Radio

There'll be uproar if the government tries to push through switching off AM/FM for DAB. It's not like you can just pop down to Argos and buy an adaptor for your car stereo, especially in the current Fiesta with its built in stereo.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users