Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Fiesta Models

robbieb92

Hi, I am looking at buying a mark 6 fiesta. I am looking to get a zetec as i think it looks nice, but can anyone explain to me what the zetec is? Also what is the difference between the styles eg climate, style, flame etc? Many thanks and look forward to your replies.

Hi, I am looking at buying a mark 6 fiesta. I am looking to get a zetec as i think it looks nice, but can anyone explain to me what the zetec is? Also what is the difference between the styles eg climate, style, flame etc? Many thanks and look forward to your replies.

if you go to the parkers website andf pick the car you can look at all the styles and what kit comes with them as standard

Pffft erm will what year is it? because in 06 they facelifted the car ( also known as the mk6.5) with new style headlights/bumpers/alloys/interior

I have a Zetec Climate. I dont really know what the differences in them all are but mine being called a climate it has aircon ( which puts the insurance up just so you know ;) ) i got mine because it was cheap but what id do for insurance purposes pick your engine size (1.25/1.4/1.6) and change the model on the drop downs on internet quotes to see which is cheapest i guess?

I have the 6.5 style.

I think it is the most basic of the range and comes with no extras atall.

Its still a great car though :P

Theres one lower than that believe it or not. Called a Studio Which replaced the Earlier Finesse Model.

The Studio Came with

Radio Casette

Wind up windows

Manual wing mirrors

Central locking (not remote)

More Basic than the Style.

Jamie

Thanks very much, so they all look the same, except the mark 6.5, but they just come with different extras? Why does having air con increase insurance? What is the difference between a zetec engine and not a zetec engine. I am probably looking at getting a 1.4, how much would I be expecting to pay for insurance as a 17 year old just passed test? Thanks again, really appreciate the help.

Spot on mate, the only exterior difference would be alloys and spoilers in the different models, and if you go for a Zetec-S or ST the bumpers are also different.

As far as I am aware, the Zetec is a slightly sportier engine.

As to insurance, I passed my test when I was 17 but held of until I was almost 19 before getting my first car (Fiesta Style 1.25) This cost me £1225 (or there about) with a 10 month bonus accelerator policy with Admiral. The second year (this) has seen the price drop to £700.86 :)

Ok thanks very much. In that case I would like as sporty looking as I can without insurance too high, so not the zetec s or zetec st. I would also like a cd player and radio, other then that what model would everyone recommend me? Thanks for all help recieved so far!

The 'Zetec' is a trim level, like 'Titanium' or 'Ghia'.

They are ALL Zetec petrol engines - 1.25/1.4/1.6. All 16v Zetec engines. (apart from the 1.3 Endura in the basic spec models).

However, the 'Zetec' trim may have slightly firmer suspension - check the various guides out there :)

I think any of the 6.5 look really sporty and can be done up even further.

Here is my 6.5 Style just a few days after getting it ..

Car.jpg

Notice as this is one of the more basic models it comes with no front fogs or rear spolier. Also most trim is not colour coded.

This is what i have done to it now ..

This5.jpg

I added alloys and the ST spolier. I also have a bonnet decal now.

So as you can see they are very easy to make look how you want them to. Mainly because any Zetec-S or St parts will fit.

If you would like a picture of interior that can be sorted for you aswell :)

The style also includes a CD6000 allowing both radio and CD

The 'Zetec' is a trim level, like 'Titanium' or 'Ghia'.

They are ALL Zetec petrol engines - 1.25/1.4/1.6. All 16v Zetec engines. (apart from the 1.3 Endura in the basic spec models).

However, the 'Zetec' trim may have slightly firmer suspension - check the various guides out there :)

Really :o I did not realise this :lol:

I was getting higher quotes for a Zetec as well :wacko:

Learn something new everyday :D

They are 16"

Cool thats what I thought. I was thinking of getting a set of OZ super turismo 18" as I need 4 new tyres. The OZs are rather expensive though :ph34r:

Really :o I did not realise this :lol:

I was getting higher quotes for a Zetec as well :wacko:

Learn something new everyday :D

Yes, it's stupid, eh? But trim names have always commanded a higher premium sadly, despite the power being the same.

Cool thats what I thought. I was thinking of getting a set of OZ super turismo 18" as I need 4 new tyres. The OZs are rather expensive though :ph34r:

Very expensive :lol:

I was £895 for the 16's, wouldn't like to hear a price on 18's :lol:

Yes, it's stupid, eh? But trim names have always commanded a higher premium sadly, despite the power being the same.

Very stupid indeed, i do feel rather stupid though having seen zetecs thinking, o ... that's faster than mine :lol:

Very expensive :lol:

I was £895 for the 16's, wouldn't like to hear a price on 18's :lol:

Very stupid indeed, i do feel rather stupid though having seen zetecs thinking, o ... that's faster than mine :lol:

I don't know if the 1.6 was available in Zetec trim, but that could be why you thought they were faster?

I don't know if the 1.6 was available in Zetec trim, but that could be why you thought they were faster?

I think maybe there was a 1.4 Zetec along with a 1.25 Zetec.

I am sure the 1.6 is the Zetec-S.

I think maybe there was a 1.4 Zetec along with a 1.25 Zetec.

I am sure the 1.6 is the Zetec-S.

I know the 1.6 is in the Zetec-S, but you can get it in the Ghia too, so I wondered if it would be in the Zetec as well.

I just read a piece there that makes me think I have a Duratec engine rather than a Zetec engine.

I just read a piece there that makes me think I have a Duratec engine rather than a Zetec engine.

Nope - the Duratec was the 2.0 in the ST. The 1.25, 1.4 and 1.6 are Zetec-SE.

:lol::lol:

I shall stop since I clearly dot no what I am talking about :P

Nah, don't worry. Ford had a habit of rebadging things and not changing much in reality.

Yes i think when i got my insurance having a ZETEC bumped it up an extra £100 over other models ( style,flame,etc) and ontop of thatm fro ahving a climate!

Choose wisely and your insurance could be much lower than the £1800 quote i took when i was 18 and been driving 4 months with 0ncb!