Show
Photo
- - - - -

When This Appears - It's Bye Bye Fiesta...

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

It wouldn't be me then, he wouldn't be close enough. ;)

I don't think it's fair to treat M3/5 drivers the same way (usually), as barely any use them as a daily driver and generally have an interest in cars, rather than a badge to prance about in and assert their authority/salary (delete as appropriate) :lol:

Anyhow, that 90's stigma is wearing thin these days. Should replace 'BMW' with 'Audi' instead in my opinion.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

I don't think it's fair to treat M3/5 drivers the same way (usually), as barely any use them as a daily driver and generally have an interest in cars, rather than a badge to prance about in and assert their authority/salary (delete as appropriate) :lol:

Anyhow, that 90's stigma is wearing thin these days. Should replace 'BMW' with 'Audi' instead in my opinion.

To be honest, I'm not one for stereotyping anyone based on the car they drive. I've seen good and bad in all makes, of both sexes and all ages. The car very rarely has a bearing on it.

Of course, someone will come along and say they only get cut up by people in "x" cars, but we all know hand on heart, that's not really the case.

Nowt wrong with a bit of banter though, the world would be a worse place without it. :lol:

#48 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

To be honest, I'm not one for stereotyping anyone based on the car they drive. I've seen good and bad in all makes, of both sexes and all ages. The car very rarely has a bearing on it.

Of course, someone will come along and say they only get cut up by people in "x" cars, but we all know hand on heart, that's not really the case.

Nowt wrong with a bit of banter though, the world would be a worse place without it. :lol:

Sadly, I work in an office where everyone is more or less entitled to a company car (apart from us in finance - sucks, eh?). They are all marketing types who religiously all buy a car for its badge and solely nothing else. Hardly a soul knows what they are actually driving, so long as it is BMW, Merc or Audi.

Let me give you an example about my old boss who had a Mercedes C-Class. I told her my old ST170 was quicker than hers, and she retorted and said:

"How can it be faster? You've got a Ford and I've got a Mercedes!"

The company cars are a status symbol and that's exactly how the staff here treat them and exactly how they are driven ... !

There are literally only one or two non-German cars selected, and they happen to be a couple of 350Z's, a Leon FR and an S2000.

You look in our car park and you'd think you were in Germany!

#49 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Vauxhall Corsa
  • Year: 2011

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

My Dad's work is similar!!

Most of them are entitled to a company car, most of the cars are of the faster variety and they're all nuts on cars, apart from my dad!

My dad has his Toyota Prius as his company car for one simple reason: cheap company car tax.

It's annoying, he has such a good choice of cars as well!!!!

#50 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

My Dad's work is similar!!

Most of them are entitled to a company car, most of the cars are of the faster variety and they're all nuts on cars, apart from my dad!

My dad has his Toyota Prius as his company car for one simple reason: cheap company car tax.

It's annoying, he has such a good choice of cars as well!!!!

Unlike most schemes, the tax band doesn't make much difference here ... the company makes sure to absorb any detrimental costs in one way or another (note: more pay).

#51 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Vauxhall Corsa
  • Year: 2011

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

The only thing my dad has to pay is company car tax for his car, so it's all based on c02 unfortunately!!

He could get some very nice cars.... :(

#52 Nico.

Nico.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

with what you been saying about cars and them being a status... i know someone near us that lives in a lil bungalow in a ruff part but cos they got a range rover they think they are "it"

cars seem to have moved from being a way of getting about to a symbol of how you doing in life or how stuck up you are i think

#53 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

cars seem to have moved from being a way of getting about to a symbol of how you doing in life or how stuck up you are i think

They've always been used as a symbol - especially by people who can't actually afford the associated lifestyle, hence a VERY high percentage of new Porsches/BMW sales etc are leases!

#54 AndrewL

AndrewL

Local Rep: Warwickshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

rather than a badge to prance about in and assert their authority/salary (delete as appropriate) :lol:

Funny how it's always the 316d's and A3 1.6's that get right up your !Removed! on the motorway isn't it! :D

#55 andrew43

andrew43

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec-s mountune

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:42 AM

The extra 50bhp comes from the mountune ugrade which will be announced on 9th april when the car goes on show at the Leipzig Motor Show

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users