#1 HeadShoT2009

HeadShoT2009

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 Ford Focus Black Edition
Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:34 AM

Hi and thanks in advance. My 51 plate 1.6 zetec se focus every so often the speedo stops working but had only been doing it on motorway journeys so it didn't bother me too much but now it's started doing it in town and where I live there is alot of speed cameras so u need to no ur speed any ive been told it could be the speedo drive so I am thinkng of changing it but don't no where it is any othe sugestions are welcome aswell

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 CAR PARTS EXPRESS

CAR PARTS EXPRESS

Authorised Trader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:24 AM

its a sensor and will be on top of the gear box

#3 Neilc

Neilc

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:04 PM

Hi and thanks in advance. My 51 plate 1.6 zetec se focus every so often the speedo stops working but had only been doing it on motorway journeys so it didn't bother me too much but now it's started doing it in town and where I live there is alot of speed cameras so u need to no ur speed any ive been told it could be the speedo drive so I am thinkng of changing it but don't no where it is any othe sugestions are welcome aswell

Yes Its down the back of the engine/gearbox first remove the wiring plug to leave the VSS in full view, There is a silve pin/clip which holds it in place it needs to be pulled out towards the drivers side, be very careful they tend to break off then you are in trouble!! I broke mine off then had to go to the local garage who put the car on there lift to work from below and they managed to weld a piece on to what was left of the pin and eventually wriggled the pin out. New one's on auction sites tend to come with/without the clip. Replacement is straightforward.

Hope this helps

Neil

Attached Thumbnails

• FOCUS VSS 001.jpg

#4 HeadShoT2009

HeadShoT2009

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 Ford Focus Black Edition
Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Do you have to clea the shiny bit(which i'm guesing is the pick up) befor installing, i only mean wipe the finger prints of

#5 Neilc

Neilc

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

Do you have to clea the shiny bit(which i'm guesing is the pick up) befor installing, i only mean wipe the finger prints of

Cant do much harm just try to keep geasy fingers off

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users