Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gelfin

Glow plug & wiring issues

3 posts in this topic

Hi there I'm a new Mondeo owner having bought the car three months back. I have just had to replace the starter on my Mondeo and the Mech's said that I've got glow-plug issues and should see an electrician.

I was hoping that I could find some help here, since I don't know the problem areas of my car yet, and I'd love to know if there are any common problems that occur with regards the glow-plugs and power getting to them. It has been suggested that it could be an earthing problem, but is there anything else that I should look out for or that can help the diagnosis be less expensive for me.

Any help would be much appreciated,

G

first check that you have got battery voltage at the glow plugs if not it could be the 80amp fuse this has been known to crack so check carefully if the fuse is ok suspect the controller