Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stalling!

Louisehelen

Have been back to a main Ford dealer to have a diagnostic run on my P reg Fiesta mk4 1.3.

According to the computer, it's fine, though it had been running a bit lean ( which they sorted out). But despite replacing the air-control valve- (which seemed to work for a while) it stiil cuts out at low speed, and has problems when accelerating- it hesitates for a while- then accelerates like fury as if something has been blocking the fuel.

It has been suggested that the coil packs may need replacing?...or HT leads?...then of course disconecting the air-volume monitoring unit to test if that is interfering some how.

any further tips, info...greatfully received.

Have been back to a main Ford dealer to have a diagnostic run on my P reg Fiesta mk4 1.3.

According to the computer, it's fine, though it had been running a bit lean ( which they sorted out). But despite replacing the air-control valve- (which seemed to work for a while) it stiil cuts out at low speed, and has problems when accelerating- it hesitates for a while- then accelerates like fury as if something has been blocking the fuel.

It has been suggested that the coil packs may need replacing?...or HT leads?...then of course disconecting the air-volume monitoring unit to test if that is interfering some how.

Hey, Louise, I am not sure about your questions but I wanted to get an idea as to how much the Ford Dealerships charge people to run tests on your car. I get the impression people get ripped off...

Thankyou.

I had a G reg fiesta 1.1 had similar problems and stripped the top off the carb and spray cleaned it with carb cleaner. Cause it had never been cleaned there was a "skin" of dirt lining it and a slice had pealed off and was floating around. After spraying with carb cleaner and putting a fuel filter in the line it drove perfectly. Weirdly it revved ok and only happened whilst actually driving.

Try taking off the idle air control valve off and clean it out with carb cleaner and put some redex in the fuel tank and see if that helps .Also if there isn't a fuel filter in the line, cut the line and add one ( costs a few quid for one ) and have a look at this forum > http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=12693

I have the exact same problem. I have a mk4 p reg fiesta 1.3i with the endura-e engine (efi).

i got the car 2nd hand about a year ago and noticed after a while of having it that the idle was a bit dodgy. im no expert but i knew something was up with idle or timing from experience with motorbikes and nitro cars.

the problem has a tendancy to go away at times but its seriously annoying and my mates slag the hell out of me for it (some dont even drive yet).

a couple of months ago i actually sorted the stalling problem when moving about the ducting for my induction kit. worked absolutely fine minus the idle still being all wrong but with out stalling. a few days ago i was servicing the car and moved the ducting (yet again) and now the problem has come back!!! :(

read some forums starting with this one and came upon a link suggesting it may be the iacv. is their any other things i can try before deciding to fork out £90 for a new one. At that price i could get a zetec engine and have it fitted by my cousin lol.

Any help would be great muchos gracias

Hi

I wuld replace the complete throttle body, cause it could be the idle controle valve or throttle spindel, etc.

It might the map sensor. If it were the HT's or coil packs it would misfiring as well.

Good luck!

Hi

I wuld replace the complete throttle body, cause it could be the idle controle valve or throttle spindel, etc.

It might the map sensor. If it were the HT's or coil packs it would misfiring as well.

Good luck!

EASIEST check to see if its the idle control valve, keep it stood still, rev the engine up high and then just let ur foot off and let the engine slow down, now if the engine comes to a complete stop then its more likely to be that if not then its probably something else

• 1 year later...

EASIEST check to see if its the idle control valve, keep it stood still, rev the engine up high and then just let ur foot off and let the engine slow down, now if the engine comes to a complete stop then its more likely to be that if not then its probably something else

but there is something else put down control valva ( in my land we call it step engine ) you have two scrools and cable who connect it , when you take it off you can see two holes , they are always full of burned oil gases whic attach on walls of step engine from inside , take wd40 make holes to be full for around 40 minutes , so burned oil can separate from walls , repeate that 3 times again until walls be completly clean , put it somewhere to dry before you returned it on ist place. if you dont want this hapen again , you will see a rubber hose whic is connected to air filter place ( hose is a finger thich ) simply disconnect it from air filter place ( explanation that hose is coming from engine carter where is stored engine oil all gases from oil comes to filter and then in step engine and there they attach to walls so step engine cant work normaly ) if anyone have questions can contact me to konstantin@neobee.net