Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing My New Fiesta With Another - Advice Please!

rm2242

Hi all

First time poster, long time reader!

I currently have a new (59 plate) Fiesta Zetec 5 door 1.6TDCi, and I LOVE it!!! However it is on a company car lease, and as I am changing jobs, I have to return it. Sad times!

I would like to replace it with an identical model, however I have noticed some changes over the past week on the Ford website which I was hoping some of you may be able to explain/verify.

- The 1.6TDCi engine no longer seems to be available on the Zetec. Anyone know why? There is only a DPF version for the Titanium which is not in my price bracket, nor suitable for my driving

- The picture for the Zetec now shows different alloy wheels that actually look more like hub-caps, and no longer shows the silver trim down the sides and round the back and front of the car. This appears if you select a Titanium model though. Again - can anyone verify whether these items are no longer standard on the Zetec?

- There have been a number of sales and offers that ended yesterday on the 31st March. Anyone got any idea whether or not there will be any more sales promotions coming up?

- Finally - where to buy? Is it better going to a Dagenham motors branch rather than a smaller local Ford garage? I need the Ford finance options, and any discounts are always welcome :)

Thanks all!

Regards

Rob

Not sure about standard spec's for the new cars but I would suggest sorting out the spec you want on the Ford site and then go on one of the on line car sales sites (drive the deal - buy a car - etc.) and that will give you a guide as to what to push a 'High Street' dealer down to.

If you are not good at negotiations then find 2 unrelated dealers and get one to quote for the spec you want, take this price to the second dealer and see if the second can match it. Once done, go back to the first dealer and try them again . . . I ended up getting mine, on the road, for just over 14K

The 1.6 tdci is still avaliable as a zetec spec for the 2010.5 build.

The engine is now slightly more powerfull and less co2 (107 from 110).

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club