Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gazza81288

Mk7 Lcd Display

5 posts in this topic

If it's the standard screen then yeah, should fit all models.

I was just pondering through ebay and came across this - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FIESTA-MK9-2008-NEW-MODEL-LCD-DISPLAY_W0QQitemZ250606900806QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a5955d646

I didn't know ford did this, if would it fit into my zetec s?

cheers

Hi,

This looks like the "enhanced" display which is only fitted to cars with USB. This display is considerably taller than the standard one hence also has a different plastic dash top moulding.

Suggest maybe you have a look at the Ford Fiesta brochure (can be downloaded from the Ford website) to see what I mean.

Hi,

This looks like the "enhanced" display which is only fitted to cars with USB. This display is considerably taller than the standard one hence also has a different plastic dash top moulding.

Suggest maybe you have a look at the Ford Fiesta brochure (can be downloaded from the Ford website) to see what I mean.

The plastic moulding over the top is the same, the difference is that the screen for stereo's with Bluetooth (and Bluetooth/USB) are all display, whereas the basic model only uses a couple of lines down the middle of the screen, leaving a wide band of blank screen at the top and bottom.

Back to the orginal question.....

Long story short, pretty sure that unless you change the headunit this screen probably won't be compatible with the basic stereo, or even if it is, you'll still only get the same amount of information displayed.

If you've already got a stereo with bluetooth or better, then this is exactly the same screen you already have. Its only a single colour display rather than anything fancy, just in case you thought it might be more like a tv screen.

If you have radio with 2 lines display it is not available to change the display to matrix unit (as shown on ebay), this is also stated in ETIS system (if you have the right account ;) ). The only way to have the matrix display is to change also head unit for one with BT, or BT+USB.