Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ideas For Heat Protecting Airbox?

SteveThePirate

Since ford decided to put the air box directly on top of the engine I find that it heats up very quickly, causing performance/mpg drops. Since insurance wont let me change to a cone air filter any ideas on ways O can stop the air box getting hot without invaliding insurance ? :)

Well there much be some benefit behind it otherwise people wouldn't be so interested in cold air feeds and getting rid of the standard air box. :unsure:

ok..well would it be a better idea to unplug the cold air feed? since i looked at it today and it seems like ford are very keen to put as much plastic in the way of cold air getting to the stock box as possible.

I agree with the amount of cold air restriction reaching the box.

At last weeks meet we were actually talking about this, on how the air has to enter from the SIDE rather than head on.

I have been looking at solutions for this on-line, but with no luck

Well i had a thought about like cutting the front bit of the cold air feed off. so it still is connected by the two top screws but now it can take air from like all the front rather than one side.