Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nikkigreenway

Fusion Windscreen Wiper Problem

4 posts in this topic

I've got a 54-Reg Automatic Fusion+. Over the last six months, the windscreen wipers have started to catch, resulting in the passenger one flipping over. Changing the wiper blades has made no difference. Any ideas folks? I'm tired of pulling up and getting wet every time the one flips.

Thanks

Nikki

Hi,

I had this same problem a year ago, it wasn't obvious what was causing it, till i looked closely at the wipers. When they were in the parked position the gap between the smaller wiper and the larger wiper was very close, i mean less than 2mm. Once they were put into operation they just touched, causing the smaller blade to flip! In the end i cut a few milimetres off the passenger side blade, where it had been too close to the drivers side blade. This stopped my problem of flipping. If you check how close the blades are to each other, they should be about 7 - 8mm apart.

I have since changed my blades to the aero type found on the internet. They are the same ones that fit the Ford Fiesta from 06 - 08, these work a treat, and cost less than £7.00 for the pair.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on?

Best wishes

Paul.

Thanks Paul. Have trimmed the blades and they look like they might work - but awaiting the next downpour to truly test them. Watch this space.

Hi,

I had this same problem a year ago, it wasn't obvious what was causing it, till i looked closely at the wipers. When they were in the parked position the gap between the smaller wiper and the larger wiper was very close, i mean less than 2mm. Once they were put into operation they just touched, causing the smaller blade to flip! In the end i cut a few milimetres off the passenger side blade, where it had been too close to the drivers side blade. This stopped my problem of flipping. If you check how close the blades are to each other, they should be about 7 - 8mm apart.

I have since changed my blades to the aero type found on the internet. They are the same ones that fit the Ford Fiesta from 06 - 08, these work a treat, and cost less than £7.00 for the pair.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on?

Best wishes

Paul.

Seems a bit complex. Are you sure the nut holding one of the wipers hasn't loosened, causing the blades to foul? When the wipers are parked just adjust the position of the offending wiper by loosening it's retaining nut, repositioning and retightening.