Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Weld For Punctures?

Roo

Hey all

Has anyone on the forum replaced there spare tyre with a tin of tyre weld, or another puncture sealing product? if so would you reccomend it?

i can see how it would save on weight and space, but just how long of a term solution is this? does it make fixing the puncture at a garage more difficult when covered in foam? does the foam re-inflate the tyre? i have had mixed opinions on google about how effective this stuff is, but i want to hear form someone first hand

many thanks

Roo

One of my mates in a Corsa B had a puncture and we tried using some tyre weld on it, its supposed to inflate and seal the wheel for small to medium punctures. It said to put the whole can in and drive @ about 20mph (dangerous with one front tire blown??) for 10-15mins so the weld could move around and plug the gap. Needless to say we followed behind and it didnt work at all. The tyre was comming off the rim so we made him pull over and park up.

The puncture He had might of been too big, but to be honest, id rather have a spare tyre, because, It wont help if you buckeled an alloy etc

Id rather pay that bit more9 in fuel and power/weight for the spare.

thankyou for the info, i have since had an opinion from ly local tyre garage, his policy is that the tyre is totally useless once you have put that weld stuff inside, and makes people buy a new tyre, at £90 a pop i think ill run a spare lol

i definately wouldnt recommend it, i used it in my old mk3 fetty, lets just say it never handled right after, it dont inflate the tyre for u, n ur ment to run it for 10mins with flat tyre, thats never good for your wheels, not even steels lol. my dad use dit in a caravan tyre and ended up havun a blow out at just 35mph so i would definately stick to a spare, if weight of wheel bothers you, try gettin ur hands on a space saver, its half the weight of ur normal wheels.

i definately wouldnt recommend it, i used it in my old mk3 fetty, lets just say it never handled right after, it dont inflate the tyre for u, n ur ment to run it for 10mins with flat tyre, thats never good for your wheels, not even steels lol. my dad use dit in a caravan tyre and ended up havun a blow out at just 35mph so i would definately stick to a spare, if weight of wheel bothers you, try gettin ur hands on a space saver, its half the weight of ur normal wheels.

tyre weld and the other products are sxxt basically they either dont work or when they do and you go to get the tyre fixed the guy will tell you its made a bloomin mess and stuck everywhere theyll charge extra to clean it all up and youll need a new tyre instead of having it repaired we used to use it on motorbikes and it would badly unbalance the front wheel