37 replies to this topic

#1 MCBEAN

MCBEAN

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: 2005 Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

Hi Guys,

Today i just bought a 2005 Black Fiesta Zetec S.
Im 17 and i like this car alot.

Im wanting to make it alot sportier and that so what do you recommend.

Im planning on,

Putting ST Black mud flaps on
Tinting the Windows
Lowering the Car 25-30mm
Maybe getting white St alloys

Will ford put the st racing stripes on the car and put the ford stripes and logos on the door.

Im wondering cause it looks so smart on a ST.

Il upload pics soon of my car but if anyone can help me and give me tips then its well appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

A few simple Mods you could start with ...

DMB Gel Overlays
Aero Wipers On front
Rear Astra Wiper

#3 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

Hi Guys,

Today i just bought a 2005 Black Fiesta Zetec S.
Im 17 and i like this car alot.

Im wanting to make it alot sportier and that so what do you recommend.

Im planning on,

Putting ST Black mud flaps on
Tinting the Windows
Lowering the Car 25-30mm
Maybe getting white St alloys

Will ford put the st racing stripes on the car and put the ford stripes and logos on the door.

Im wondering cause it looks so smart on a ST.

Il upload pics soon of my car but if anyone can help me and give me tips then its well appreciated.

For the love of jesus DONT stick st badges on etc just the zetec-s ones otherwise youll look like a "wana be".

St alloys though would look smart if cost the earth and tinting the windows does look good just dont go for limo black because itl look chavvy lol.

Lowering is all good and well but youd be attracting attension you might not want from the 5.0. etc. The best mods are subtle ones just keep it toned down and it will look smart

Mike

#4 Strutter

Strutter

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Titanuim Dress Up Kit, 17s

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

Aero Wipers?

#5 MCBEAN

MCBEAN

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

For the love of jesus DONT stick st badges on etc just the zetec-s ones otherwise youll look like a "wana be".

St alloys though would look smart if cost the earth and tinting the windows does look good just dont go for limo black because itl look chavvy lol.

Lowering is all good and well but youd be attracting attension you might not want from the 5.0. etc. The best mods are subtle ones just keep it toned down and it will look smart

Mike

Thanks Mike. Yeh i wont stick st badges on it i was just wondering will ford fit the white racing stripes on for me.

I have a black car. Will white or black mudflaps suit the car if im getting the racing stripes and the ford decals on the doors.

Il tint the windows but it wont be to chavy.

Im planning on putting white st alloys.

Will ford sell me these and make them white or will i have to do this.??

thanks in advacne

#6 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

Ford will charge you a bomb, I would get it done independently

#7 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

at 17 make sure your insurance would cover a modifies car.

#8 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

at 17 make sure your insurance would cover a modifies car.

99.99999999999999999999999999999% Wont touch you with a modded car hence why if i bin it im shafted royal :(

Mike

#9 Jack_P

Jack_P

Local Rep: Northamptonshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

Whats the insurance like as a 17 year old? An apprentice at work has the same Zetec-S and its over 2k. So with those added mods that you will be telling your insurer about you would most likely be looking at about 3k?

With the price of all the things you want to put on it as well, is it worth it? I mean the ZS is a cracking car as standard and i would just leave it at that and just upgrade in a year or two :)

#10 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

Whats the insurance like as a 17 year old? An apprentice at work has the same Zetec-S and its over 2k. So with those added mods that you will be telling your insurer about you would most likely be looking at about 3k?

With the price of all the things you want to put on it as well, is it worth it? I mean the ZS is a cracking car as standard and i would just leave it at that and just upgrade in a year or two :)

3k for a modded fiesta zetec-s when ur 17 keep dreaming!!! :P for me (at the time 17yrs old, student and 0 no claims or points) in a 1.6 focus alone it was 2400k if i modded the car they wouldant quote me just said itd be fully invalad.

As for upgrades personally id say 3yrs is ur best bet for me now (18yr old student 3 points 1yrs no claims) on a focus 1.8tdci 115bhp ghia it would be 1,600k on the cheapest policy i can get where as my 1.6 which is just 1ins group lower is 990. Even with out points its 800+

What ever car you have as your 1st unless your stinking rich youve got for quite a while from personal experiance.

Mike

#11 MCBEAN

MCBEAN

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

3k for a modded fiesta zetec-s when ur 17 keep dreaming!!! :P for me (at the time 17yrs old, student and 0 no claims or points) in a 1.6 focus alone it was 2400k if i modded the car they wouldant quote me just said itd be fully invalad.

As for upgrades personally id say 3yrs is ur best bet for me now (18yr old student 3 points 1yrs no claims) on a focus 1.8tdci 115bhp ghia it would be 1,600k on the cheapest policy i can get where as my 1.6 which is just 1ins group lower is 990. Even with out points its 800+

What ever car you have as your 1st unless your stinking rich youve got for quite a while from personal experiance.

Mike

When im learning. I will start driving in 2 weeks but i have the car now.

I will put on my mums insurance when im driving on a provisional and it 1100 from aviva.

When i pass my test it goes up 500 to 1600.

Its the best quote ive had as a golf 1.6 on a provisionalk was 2000 alone,

Im just wanting to lower it, tint the wondows, put the stripes on it and that.

Will ford lower the car and put the ford stripes over the car for me. I dont mind how much it costs because i saved alot of muny on the car i got for the price i got it as.

Thanks in advcane
\Adam

#12 Jack_P

Jack_P

Local Rep: Northamptonshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

If this is the case ( and im only guessing ) that your going to be on as a named driver on your mums policy, but when you pass your test and are driving it around more than 50% of the time? If so i hope you are aware that this is fronting your insurance and if a claim was to be made and your found out to be driving your car more than 50% of the time, that insurers will not payout?

Just making you aware, id get a quote in my own name personally but that would send your insurance well into the 2k's area.

#13 MCBEAN

MCBEAN

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

If this is the case ( and im only guessing ) that your going to be on as a named driver on your mums policy, but when you pass your test and are driving it around more than 50% of the time? If so i hope you are aware that this is fronting your insurance and if a claim was to be made and your found out to be driving your car more than 50% of the time, that insurers will not payout?

Just making you aware, id get a quote in my own name personally but that would send your insurance well into the 2k's area.

Yeh im aware but my mum will be using the car also a bit aswel.

Thanks

#14 beanaldo

beanaldo

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.4 Zetec, black

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

Aviva seem to be the cheapest atm for insurance. im 18 with 1yr no claims on a 1.4 zetec 56 plate and its cote me 1096 for the year. i had a peugot( or how ever you spell it) 1.4 glx (2002) for my first car n the insurance on that for just over 2000.

#15 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

Yeh im aware but my mum will be using the car also a bit aswel.

Thanks

YOU still have to be the name driver your parents are put on a secondary both my mum and dad use my car but i have to be the main driver otherwise the policy is as much use as a jonny with a hole in and trust me on this, the police will absoutly love you lol.

Mike

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users