• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 MCBEAN

MCBEAN

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: 2005 Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

YOU still have to be the name driver your parents are put on a secondary both my mum and dad use my car but i have to be the main driver otherwise the policy is as much use as a jonny with a hole in and trust me on this, the police will absoutly love you lol.

Mike

rget already love me.

will ford fit racing stripes and lower my car for me?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Jack_P

Jack_P

Local Rep: Northamptonshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

rget already love me.

Dont think we're coming across at stereotypes, It's that it will benifit you if you are the main driver on the car. Also i can pressume that you are on the logbook as the owner? If so this wont match up right with the insurance if you are not the main driver. Also he is right in saying that police will love you if they pull you over as the named driver, EVEN if you religiously drive it less than your mum ( but seeing as its your car then will that be the case?) the police will love you for it!

Anyway yes they will fit it but be ready for expensive labour bills if you do!

#18 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

rget already love me.

Chanses are yeah just ring up your dealer and ask they'l be able to tell you each one does there own things the one i worked at would of sent the car off to have the stripes done and would of fitted the lowering springs where as others wouldant touch it.

Either way your going to get absoutly raped of your money and taking the car elsewhere is 10x clever ford are robbing !Removed! (sorry about the swear but its vital to stress the point) end of. lol

Mike

#19 Nico.

Nico.

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

few points you mentioned here... insurance as a 17 year old... 1 fact tell you it all... 1.25 fiesta mk7 zetec... me as 1st driver -> 6K

and as for being pulled by police if your not first driver just make sure your story is spot on!!!

and as for the mods... with mine i done dead little things (except the DRL's!) i think little touches look the best, if you change too much then you could ruin the cars stock looks and fall into the 'chav' group :P

#20 AndrewL

AndrewL

Local Rep: Warwickshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

few points you mentioned here... insurance as a 17 year old... 1 fact tell you it all... 1.25 fiesta mk7 zetec... me as 1st driver -> 6K

and as for being pulled by police if your not first driver just make sure your story is spot on!!!

and as for the mods... with mine i done dead little things (except the DRL's!) i think little touches look the best, if you change too much then you could ruin the cars stock looks and fall into the 'chav' group :P

You paid 6k to insure your car! :o

#21 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:26 PM

6 GRAND TO INSURE A FIESTA what the .....

Just so u know on comparison websites your supposed to go for the lowest quote not the highest :P

Mike

#22 MCBEAN

MCBEAN

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

Guys to Clear things up

Learning on my mums insurance im 1200. Goes upto 1600 when i pass my test and im going to do my pass plus and it takes 400 off aviva.

As for police its not against the law to drive a car on you mums insurance. They cant prove you are driving it more than your mum.
And the police dont car. Unless you have a loud exhaust or you are speeding.

Im buying the racing stripes and side stripes for 90 from Dmb graphics.
And im getting them fitting from Aquorn signs in inverness. A professional graphics company.
Im getting the black ST mudflaps for 60 and my uncle will fit them.

Il get the windows tinted from highland windscreens for a few hundred.

And maybe even get these bad boys. http://www.wheelandt...x004-white.html

Im getting my car tomorro. Its just getting its MOT and service. 35000 miles only.

Erm the only thing on the Zetec S is that the alloys loook wheeey to small for the car so im gna save for better ones.

As for the body kit. The ST's is so much nicer but il have to stick to the Zetec S's.

Hopefully my car will look mint. Il upload when its all done.

What do you guys think on my ideas.

#23 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

Very nice ideas, and they will work out a lot cheaper doing it away from Ford.
With the insurance, have you tried you being main and your mum added?, this worked out ALOT cheaper for me doing it this way.

#24 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

Guys to Clear things up

Learning on my mums insurance im 1200. Goes upto 1600 when i pass my test and im going to do my pass plus and it takes 400 off aviva.

As for police its not against the law to drive a car on you mums insurance. They cant prove you are driving it more than your mum.
And the police dont car. Unless you have a loud exhaust or you are speeding.

Im buying the racing stripes and side stripes for 90 from Dmb graphics.
And im getting them fitting from Aquorn signs in inverness. A professional graphics company.
Im getting the black ST mudflaps for 60 and my uncle will fit them.

Il get the windows tinted from highland windscreens for a few hundred.

And maybe even get these bad boys. http://www.wheelandt...x004-white.html

Im getting my car tomorro. Its just getting its MOT and service. 35000 miles only.

Erm the only thing on the Zetec S is that the alloys loook wheeey to small for the car so im gna save for better ones.

As for the body kit. The ST's is so much nicer but il have to stick to the Zetec S's.

Hopefully my car will look mint. Il upload when its all done.

What do you guys think on my ideas.

Sorry to peck head but it is a risk and the Volvo T5's (traffic fuzz) are the worst for insurance i know a few people who have been picked on for it but if ur confident about it all the best to u.

This is all personal opinion if i had the car and what id do
Dark silver over the top/side stripes
ST alloys
About a 60% tint on the rear 3 windows and then leave it alone and save for something different, focus st or astra gsi etc...

Mike

#25 Jack_P

Jack_P

Local Rep: Northamptonshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

I just cant work out why you would pay for a car with your own money, then your mum will be driving it around most of the time? strikes a bit of a strange deal tbh i think your mum has got a good deal there!

Anyway like Gaz said, my insurance is massively reduced with my mum n dad being on my insurance as named drivers, you should try it and it might not be so bad, but then again with all those mods and stuff youll be paying you wont be getting of lightly! Also if you do get insurance in your name then you will get to drive the car most of the time instead of your mum driving your car more than yourself! So happy days!

#26 MCBEAN

MCBEAN

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

well my mum wont be driving the car atol i just need to say this so the insurance is valid as im a named driver on her insurance./

so much cheaper.

my own insurance with my mum on it is 5k. so noooo

i bout the car for 5k, will be paying the insurance myself and will only be driving it.

cant w8 t modify it up

#27 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:01 PM

Remember that your insurance will go up into the 5k regions with the mods you have planned. I personally feel that its best to stay simple for the first few years to get a few years NCB under your belt (Will you still get these being an added driver?)

Also, i look forward to seeing you at a few meets in the summer? Click the link in my Signature to put your name and location down ;)

#28 MCBEAN

MCBEAN

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:08 PM

Remember that your insurance will go up into the 5k regions with the mods you have planned. I personally feel that its best to stay simple for the first few years to get a few years NCB under your belt (Will you still get these being an added driver?)

Also, i look forward to seeing you at a few meets in the summer? Click the link in my Signature to put your name and location down ;)

nah mate with the mods its 1100 learning and goes up 500 when i pass. and il do my pass plus to get muny off because aviva are keep to promote young drivers.

yeh mate im in inverness. therees a few zs's and st's up here. none that nice except a mint red one i have seen lately. il get sum pics up when its all done and that. im picking it up thursday from huntly. then mudflaps, racing stripes, new white pro racing alloys, and privacy glass with lowering springs. cant wait.

but does anybody know where i can get the red S from the " Zetec S" from

#29 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:09 PM

Quick question, Why buy a car that costs as much to insure as it does to buy?

E-bay is your best bet

Mike

#30 MCBEAN

MCBEAN

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:14 PM

Quick question, Why buy a car that costs as much to insure as it does to buy?

E-bay is your best bet

Mike

thanks, im only 1100 learningn to drive and goes up to 1600 when i pass. . my car was 5500. so its no where near the price of my car. it is on my own name but im driving of my mums insurance

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users