Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Way To Get Playlists Onto/made For Usb In Mk7 Fiesta

Jason Tierney

I have quite a bit of music that I like ot listen to(about 12gb), none(or very little) of it is sorted into bands or albums or folders,I have small usb stick that im going to just stick in the car with all my music on and leave there. I wanted to set up playlists for it but is there any easy way of doing it. What I mean is, any playlists I already have created in WMP for files in my music folder can I just put the playlist in the new memory stick, with the music on it and will it recognise the files, or will the playlist try find the path to the original files( ie the ones of my computer say, drive C, instead of D(memory stick)?

Or is it a mattoer of copying onto the usb sticks and making playlists from that directory its self, one by one,(will take me all year!)

Any help appreciated

Thanks,

Jay

The easiest way I would do it is to just to create a folder for each play-list you want and stick the songs in there.

I spent ages making play-lists between putting the deposit for my car down and actually getting it to only find out play-lists are not needed.

Now all my music is on the memory stick in folders for artists and then in album folders for each artist.

Thanks, STill means I have to go through all my music and sort it into folders for diff types of music( I dont really do it by album or artist)

I see your from leeds, You should check out the meets section, theres a few of us that want to organise meets in the yorkshire area. Would be good.

Thanks

I have quite a bit of music that I like ot listen to(about 12gb), none(or very little) of it is sorted into bands or albums or folders,I have small usb stick that im going to just stick in the car with all my music on and leave there. I wanted to set up playlists for it but is there any easy way of doing it. What I mean is, any playlists I already have created in WMP for files in my music folder can I just put the playlist in the new memory stick, with the music on it and will it recognise the files, or will the playlist try find the path to the original files( ie the ones of my computer say, drive C, instead of D(memory stick)?

Or is it a mattoer of copying onto the usb sticks and making playlists from that directory its self, one by one,(will take me all year!)

Any help appreciated

Thanks,

Jay

I use Media Monkey to manage the USB sticks for my Fiesta. It's free (the supplied MP3 encoder deliberately stops working after a few albums to get you to register and pay, but you can replace it easily with a standard version of LAME - Google for instructions).

When you tell it to copy the files or playlists it automatically sorts them into folders on the USB stick and you can choose to configure it to your heart's content.

I do use WMP to listen to music on my PC, but I find it frustrating getting it to do anything more complicated. Annoyingly, I also have to use Sony's awful SonicStage to manage music on my Walkman, so I have to set each album up 3 times :angry: . And I use EAC to extract the WAV audio to my PC in the first place.... Why can't this be easy? :blink:

Antony.

Thanks, STill means I have to go through all my music and sort it into folders for diff types of music( I dont really do it by album or artist)

I have seen this before as well, although never used it so no too sure if it will work, but seems to copy files from a play-list into another folder, although you need to use Winamp to load the play-list.

Playlist file copy

I will check out the meets section as well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club