• Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
P4RKY

Puma 1.7 Whirring And Gearbox Noise

5 posts in this topic

hi guys..

my 1.7 puma has had this whirring noise for ages now also every time i put the clutch in it sounds like a bag of nails the noise doesnt appear when i not movin ie.. if im changing gear or comin off the m/way changing down the bag of nails appear the whirring noise is mainly at about 70-80mph on motorway... ive replaced the gearbox once... any suggestions cars done 80k

hi guys..

my 1.7 puma has had this whirring noise for ages now also every time i put the clutch in it sounds like a bag of nails the noise doesnt appear when i not movin ie.. if im changing gear or comin off the m/way changing down the bag of nails appear the whirring noise is mainly at about 70-80mph on motorway... ive replaced the gearbox once... any suggestions cars done 80k

sounds like a new box again if it was a second hand box then it may be its just time im not up on the puma box or how strong it is are yo thrashing the car?

hi m8,

no cars neva thrashed wifes wheels.. 30mph everywhere lol took it out today sounding worse tha eva goin to garage tomorrow i think the nails sound is the clutch as i neva changed it when replaced gearbox and cars done 81k so prob time for a change...

hi m8,

no cars neva thrashed wifes wheels.. 30mph everywhere lol took it out today sounding worse tha eva goin to garage tomorrow i think the nails sound is the clutch as i neva changed it when replaced gearbox and cars done 81k so prob time for a change...

have the gearbox oil checked it could be empty or very low