Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Callipar Colour For White Mk7 Zs

Andywest2k1

Hi all,

Thinking of painting my callipars on my frozen white ZS, what colour would you guys recommend?

Red seems the obvious choice, but will it look good with white?

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

Red would look good, tho the White would be nice but it wouldnt hold long with the dirt and dust.

Actually colour wise ANYTHING would go with the white.....well....not lime green.

Which reminds me, a Black mk5 with lime green alloys pulled up beside me the other day....felt like knocking on his window to slap him whist shouting "NO......JUST NO!"

Yeah Red and white seem the obvious choices but any colour will go on them. Depends if your feeling like you want some more attention or not :)

I painted mine silver just to clean them up a bit to hide the surface rust etc. Didn't stand out much but looked really good.

Red is a good idea, will really stand out on the white, or something completely different, go for a colour scheme between the callipers and DMB badges

The only thing with red and spraying is that it has to be a brilliant red gloss finish, it should actually look like a shiny plastic block once its done, and if your going about that yourself it can be a hard look to achieve with home sprays.

The mk7 ZS (or mine anyway) has the front's painted silver and the drums painted Black.

The mk7 ZS (or mine anyway) has the front's painted silver and the drums painted Black.

Mines the same, although the winter weather with all the salt they put on roads, etc has made some marks to the finish =/

thanks for all the suggestions guys. Im going for the OEM look with my car, so dont want to stand out too much, or draw any extra attention.

Mine were also silver when i got the car but the winter weather has destroyed them!

Ive got some DMB badges the white background with black writing, i havent put them on yet as im still unsre if they will look good, im swaying towards black background and white writing.

Not happy about this winter weather destroying the paint on them,the paint seems to be a bad point of the new fiestas it seems. Could you class it as a warranty job if you wanted it repainting?

Get ford to paint em a diff ford colour?

Edit- Barnsley not too far from leeds, why not have a look in the meets section were trying to organise a yorkshire gathering of FOC members. Be ace if more people would come

Thanks

Not happy about this winter weather destroying the paint on them,the paint seems to be a bad point of the new fiestas it seems. Could you class it as a warranty job if you wanted it repainting?

Get ford to paint em a diff ford colour?

Edit- Barnsley not too far from leeds, why not have a look in the meets section were trying to organise a yorkshire gathering of FOC members. Be ace if more people would come

Thanks

to be honest mate ive never been to a meet, so dont really know what to expect???

Few like minded individuals(ie ford fans) having a get together, maybe pub lunch or something like that, what ever any one fancies, photos of all the cars etc

Few like minded individuals(ie ford fans) having a get together, maybe pub lunch or something like that, what ever any one fancies, photos of all the cars etc

Ahhh cool, im up for that! There any dates set?

No dates set, scroll right to bottom of the forum and you will see a meets section(I think thats what its called)

But if your up for a bit of a drive, theres a meet down in milton keens, on the 5th May(bank holiday) Im going, so is one of my mates, WOuld be a nice little convoy down the motorway if you went down too.

Il find get you links for both

Jay

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10867 Yorkshire meet

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11255&st=0 MK

• 1 month later...

Still thinking of doing this. Anyone got any pics of frozen white Mk7's with the callipers painted?

Still thinking of doing this. Anyone got any pics of frozen white Mk7's with the callipers painted?

Can I suggest whatever colour you go for you try this stuff

http://www.foliatecshop.co.uk/shop/brake-caliper-paint-c-75.html?osCsid=8d73cc7e4e1b8b4bd6818fdd115ff34a

yes its dearer than some but being careful you’ll get enough to do for 2 cars ( 4 sets of calipers), it last and looks like new for years (my last car still looked great 4 years after doing them in red). It comes in two tins which you mix together (a little at a time) and dries and looks like a plastic coating and cleans up very well.

:)

hth

Cyb

Can I suggest whatever colour you go for you try this stuff

http://www.foliatecshop.co.uk/shop/brake-caliper-paint-c-75.html?osCsid=8d73cc7e4e1b8b4bd6818fdd115ff34a

yes its dearer than some but being careful you’ll get enough to do for 2 cars, it last and looks like new for years (my last car still looked great 4 years after doing them in red). It comes in two tins which you mix together (a little at a time) and dries and looks like a plastic coating and cleans up very well.

:)

hth

Cyb

Cheers for suggestion matey, ill certainly look into it!

cheers for the pic casper!

I dunno whether i like it! Certainly wont be painting the rear drums! Can't help but thinking that the red callipers just make it more noticeable how small the mk7 brakes are!

I dunno whether i like it! Certainly wont be painting the rear drums! Can't help but thinking that the red callipers just make it more noticeable how small the mk7 brakes are!

Was just thinking exactly the same :/ those damn rear drums :(

Was just thinking exactly the same :/ those damn rear drums :(

i know! I honestly can't believe they put them on! So many people comment on them aswell when they look at my car! :angry:

Like wise =| its not good having drums on a 2010 "warm" hatchback Ive been considering what colour to paint mine, they would just be a "female dog" to keep clean wouldnt they, spesh in white.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if these caliper covers will fit the MK7? There seems to be two sizes.

http://www.focalpric..._Cover_Red.html

http://www.focalpric...Car_Yellow.html

Cheers.

Never seen these before? Be good to see these fitted on an MK7.

Try emailing the seller for fitment.....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club