Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ashtray ... ?

Stanroo

Hello everyone!

I recently bought myself a new Fiesta Zetec 1.4 and I absoloutely love it to bits!!

There is one thing though that I don't like and thats the lack of ash tray ... now I know you're all gonna say well its to push you away from smoking in the car. Well I dont smoke, it was more the fact that I had somewhere to put my spare change for parking.

So my questions are, is there an ashtray somewhere and I'm just yet to find it? And if not, where do you keep your spare change for parking?

Thanks,

P.S. I'm not a car thief lol.

What year is the car?

Sorry that would be a good piece of information to add! It's a 10 plate!

In that case i can be of no help, but i am sure someone will pop along and sort you out :D

Umm theirs no astray in most cars no I dont think....

And the centre pocket to the back has a little bucket with in the tray like part in mine that seem to be made for this.

To the Right of the drivers steering wheel there is a little hatch that alot of people miss out. (Its about the same level as the door rail)

Could easily get a small bank bag and put the change in there. The bag would stop it rattling :)

Other than that there are not ash trays other than the ones in the central park of the car by the cup holders.

+ People who smoke dont even use the ASH trash trays...they throw them out the windows :angry:

Also - if you open the glove box - there are four little clips in the lid. Each holds a pound coin.

You could put coins in the slots next to the ESP button(Your car might not have ESP but Under the heater controls)

200320101522.jpg

Cant really see it in pic but near bottom under heater controls there is a button and next to it there is slots that can hold coins. I think there was these in the mk6.5 fiesta as well.

Yeah these slots are in the 6.5, they hold 3 pound coins. Very handy for parking meters.

Also - if you open the glove box - there are four little clips in the lid. Each holds a pound coin.

Now how the heck did I miss them?!? Thats just the sort of thing I spot, but I've had the car 6 months and I don't think I've ever really noticed that there was anything there at all!

Just been out in the car (not just to look at the coin holders I must add) and found that a couple of pounds in those clips rattle about like...well something really rattly!

Might need to look into lining the glovebox to stop things moving about me thinks.

I wish I had the handy ESP off button, anyone know if I got the front parking sensors removed, I could have it retrospectively fitted?

Why would you want to turn the ESP off? Out of curiosity not having a Dig :lol:

hi

you can buy on eBay new genuine ford flip top ash tray / coin holder that fits into one of your cup holders item no 320511391812 £2.50 £2.00 postage

regards biggrin.gif

Why would you want to turn the ESP off? Out of curiosity not having a Dig :lol:

A handy reason for the off switch is so you can look cool with the tyer smoke and/or get a better when you race someone from the lights ;)

But A better reason Is that when driving on packed snow/ice the esp wont really understand why its reducing the power to the wheels and still its not getting anyway, so you will end up with no power to move your car, as it doesnt want the wheels spinning, even though some spin may be needed to keep the car going on snow and ice etc

i think its a bad move for ford not having a esp switch , esp in lethal in the snow !!

hi

you can buy on ebay new genuine ford flip top ash tray / coin holder that fits into one of your cup holders item no 320511391812 £2.50 £2.00 postage

regards biggrin.gif

Ahhh brilliant! Just bought one. Thank you!

A handy reason for the off switch is so you can look cool with the tyer smoke and/or get a better when you race someone from the lights ;)

But A better reason Is that when driving on packed snow/ice the esp wont really understand why its reducing the power to the wheels and still its not getting anyway, so you will end up with no power to move your car, as it doesnt want the wheels spinning, even though some spin may be needed to keep the car going on snow and ice etc

My point exactly!

I have never had a fault with any of the other 3 cars, but this one, as soon as we had the snow, I got stuck leaving work, and as I was last, had to dig myself out, and at home, I got stuck too, and my Mum and Dad had to push me off the drive, and my Mum goes to Church, and there is a slight slope up the drive, and I've been up it hundreds of times, but when it was covered in snow...I had to give in, other cars had gone up, but would mine? Would it 'eck!

• 3 months later...

You can buy the ash tray on eBay.I did this for my mk 6 and mk 7.They are a direct fit in any of the 3 cup holders in the centre console in the mk7. ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club