1 reply to this topic

#1 Casa

Casa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus C-max

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

Hello,

I'm looking for advise/experience with making the front screen heated. I've got a 2004 Focus c-max Ghia, but it seems the first owner ordered it without the heated front window (no button on dash and new 'wires' in the screen).
Any idea what I need to do to make the front screen heated?
Ofcourse placing a new fromt screen, but probalby also the swithc and relay, but waht more and what will it cost.

Kind regards,

Casa

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,943 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

Hello,

I'm looking for advise/experience with making the front screen heated. I've got a 2004 Focus c-max Ghia, but it seems the first owner ordered it without the heated front window (no button on dash and new 'wires' in the screen).
Any idea what I need to do to make the front screen heated?
Ofcourse placing a new fromt screen, but probalby also the swithc and relay, but waht more and what will it cost.

Kind regards,

Casa

it will be expensive not only do you need the window the switch a relay but it has to be hardwired to the main loom which can mean having the dash taken out in some cases youre better without it ive hads many many need new windows because a tiny little unseen chip in the winter added with the sudden heat has caused them to crack and in almost all cases if the car didnt come with it then the insurance wont pay for a new heated screen only a standard screen so in the end its not worth it in some cases even if t did come wioth the heated screen they still dont replace as they are around 500 quid

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users